The Student Room Group

How much revision for GCSE AQA Core Science?

I'm in year 9 and the core science exam is in June. How much revision do I really need to do? Would the week before be suffice? Or am I complete under/over estimating the time needed for an A*? Seems like everyone in class has already started...
The core sciences aren't too hard. I know someone in school who revised Physics Unit 1 3 days before the exam and got an A (then again though, at the time we only finished the topic a few weeks back).

If I was in your situation, I would revise the core sciences right now. They're not as hard as the Unit 2's or the Unit 3's but I wouldn't take that risk though.

Then again it depends of your ability. If your good in science, revision 2/3 weeks before the exam is ok but if you struggle with some of the sciences, revision a month or two back before the exam is needed (I'm doing some of the core sciences as well B1 and P1, I haven't focussed on them much because of B2, B3, P2 and P3)
Did I not just answer this? If not, then...

You should really start revising now Use mygcsescience to help you revise :smile:

What grades do you normally get for science? What grade are you on now? Have you done a mock exam, what did you get for it?
Reply 3
Original post by zhang-liao
The core sciences aren't too hard. I know someone in school who revised Physics Unit 1 3 days before the exam and got an A (then again though, at the time we only finished the topic a few weeks back).

If I was in your situation, I would revise the core sciences right now. They're not as hard as the Unit 2's or the Unit 3's but I wouldn't take that risk though.

Then again it depends of your ability. If your good in science, revision 2/3 weeks before the exam is ok but if you struggle with some of the sciences, revision a month or two back before the exam is needed (I'm doing some of the core sciences as well B1 and P1, I haven't focussed on them much because of B2, B3, P2 and P3)

Luckily, I only have 3 exams (B1, C1, P1) Say I do 20 days, how many hours would you recommend per day for all 3? :smile:

Original post by AMYC1999
Did I not just answer this? If not, then...

You should really start revising now Use mygcsescience to help you revise :smile:

What grades do you normally get for science? What grade are you on now? Have you done a mock exam, what did you get for it?

Yeah, sorry. I didn't realise the other one was posted (my laptop wasn't loading) until you quoted me in the other thread. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Barely any revision. It's so easy. Like just revise the night before and your good for any gcse
Original post by hello_bunny
Luckily, I only have 3 exams (B1, C1, P1) Say I do 20 days, how many hours would you recommend per day for all 3? :smile:

Yeah, sorry. I didn't realise the other one was posted (my laptop wasn't loading) until you quoted me in the other thread. :biggrin:

Couple hours a day is good. If u know the content well, 3 hours is enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending