The Student Room Group

Sanctions against Russia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DorianGrayism
Please just **** off

If you want to talk about Israel then start another thread on it.

**** off yourself too :smile:
It's relevant, not in that context that what Israel is doing wrong (the scum but that's another story) but should Russia get sanctions when it does far less that other states and they get nothing.

Also, nice to see i offended your jewish side. I don't mind jews at all but anyone who condones their government's actions is just a ****.
Original post by uxa595
It's relevant, not in that context that what Israel is doing wrong (the scum but that's another story) but should Russia get sanctions when it does far less that other states and they get nothing.

Also, nice to see i offended your jewish side. I don't mind jews at all but anyone who condones their government's actions is just a ****.

Just more bs.

Your argument is like saying if one murderer is allowed to go free then why bother to do anything about a robber? It is a dumb argument.
Original post by 1001Shab
What's your opinion? Should they get sanctioned or not?

Pointless, dunno how putting sanctions on a state that holds Europe's gas supplies by the balls helps alleviate a fairly grass-roots insurrection by ethnic Russians.

The troubles in Ukraine are largely because Ukraine is innately troubled and split. It'd sort of be like putting sanctions on Canada because an American election proves particularly divisive and causes some unrest.

Russia already got what it wants from the Ukraine crisis, Crimea back.

Sanctions speak largely of a western political class with no clue and constantly several steps behind Putin. Weak and pointless. Nobody wants to spark a new European third world war over Ukraine so the 'tough guy' rhetoric from western leaders (in support of the western Ukrainians who are heavily contaminated with far right groups) serves little purpose and helps no-one.
Reply 23
What Putin had to say about the sanctions:

"I don’t have accounts abroad. The only things that interest me in the US are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg, and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing."

He honestly doesn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah why not?

Lets just **** up our economy even more. Good plan old bean! Tally ho

Sanctions do not work and never have done. The only thing they do is hurt the working class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Jagger_

"I don’t have accounts abroad. The only things that interest me in the US are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg, and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given the state of the Russian economy and the economic damage Putin is doing to Russia he should start caring quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Just more bs.

Your argument is like saying if one murderer is allowed to go free then why bother to do anything about a robber? It is a dumb argument.

Bang on. The OP asked should Russia be sanctioned and my reply no, it's a bull**** situation. It's all just politics around the US hate on Russia.
When a state does not act on 2 similar situations with the same approach, it makes their actions less justified and their motives more questionable.
Original post by Jagger_

When they announced sanctions against Bank Rossiya, Putin said "I personally don't have an account there, but I will certainly open one on Monday."

:tongue:
Original post by Aj12
Given the state of the Russian economy and the economic damage Putin is doing to Russia he should start caring quickly.

He should, but he won't. His money is safe and sound.
Reply 29
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some people aren't motivated by money.
Just to point out Russia has invaded multiple countries in the past ten years

Also, I don't really see why NATO would want a base in the Black Sea which is close to being useles.

If Mexican cartels made aggressive inroads into the USA I guarantee you the next week Mexico will be shelled into the stone age.

Russia did what Russia does to its enemies. I would have done the same if faced with that type of enemy.

I dont see Russia changing multiple governments and destroying the country itself this decade. Georgia doesn't count when compared to any place we went into.
Original post by TSRgawdlike
If Mexican cartels made aggressive inroads into the USA I guarantee you the next week Mexico will be shelled into the stone age.

Russia did what Russia does to its enemies. I would have done the same if faced with that type of enemy.

I dont see Russia changing multiple governments and destroying the country itself this decade. Georgia doesn't count when compared to any place we went into.

I don't know what you are talking about cartels for.

You said Russia hadn't invaded multiple countries in the past decade. It has.

I would also point out that it's highly xenophobic and supports Israel as well which makes the third question on your list a bit odd as well.
Original post by uxa595
Bang on. The OP asked should Russia be sanctioned and my reply no, it's a bull**** situation. It's all just politics around the US hate on Russia.
When a state does not act on 2 similar situations with the same approach, it makes their actions less justified and their motives more questionable.

Ok. The US is hypocritical. What's new? It pursues that line with lots of countries around the world.

That isn't a justification to allow criminal actions to continue by Russia as well.

That means you criticise both. I am not going to onto a thread about the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and then start talking Ukraine or whatever.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't know what you are talking about cartels for.

You said Russia hadn't invaded multiple countries in the past decade. It has.

I would also point out that it's highly xenophobic and supports Israel as well which makes the third question on your list a bit odd as well.

Mexico has a cartel problem, they're bigger than the government.

Cartels >< islamic movement in chechnya, Why do you think Russia wasted the place?

Russia has not gone into multiple countries like we have, that is absolutely rediculous. Go take a look at the history reports.

It supports the RUSSIANS in israel and Russian jews. Not Israel.
Original post by TSRgawdlike
Mexico has a cartel problem, they're bigger than the government.

Cartels >< islamic movement in chechnya, Why do you think Russia wasted the place?

Russia has not gone into multiple countries like we have, that is absolutely rediculous. Go take a look at the history reports.

It supports the RUSSIANS in israel and Russian jews. Not Israel.

Yeh, cartels still have nothing to do it or any of the questions you asked. I not sure what Chechyna is going to prove other than to show that the Russians managed to kill a whole load of people.

That has nothing to do with fact that Russia invaded Georgia and Ukraine in the past decade.

By the way that would mean Russia has invaded more countries than the US in the past decade since Afghanistan and Iraq happened more than a decade ago.:wink:

Russia supports Israel when it wants. That is why it supplies Israel with weapons. Why would they care about he Palestinians ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by uxa595

Let's play nicely children, it's only a thread :smile:
Not my business. But those terrorists are laughing. Why? Who are their enemies? The two leaders should think about that before biting... I mean fighting each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending