The Student Room Group

You have the opportunity to go back and time and prevent any single event from happen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottejyp
Prickly! :rofl:

I'm half tempted to say joining TSR because I'm spending way too much of my time here :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A bad child I was... :tongue: Seriously, I got into so much trouble in Year 7 and 8- unfortunately, I cant say it was for anything seriously badass :redface:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Break up with my ex about 2 years before I did.

is that because he put his sausage in you and you are no longer an innocent virgin?
Original post by dire wolf
I don't wish to be rude or insensitive, but this is one of the most selfish sentences I HAVE EVER READ.

on topic: I'd be young Hitler's art teacher

I didn't really mean it in a bad way, we're still friends now, we just should have realised that being friends was better before it turned awful. I mean, if we would have ended it earlier we could have been a lot better friends than we can be now. Quite a lot of stuff happened after the two year mark which I'd honestly rather forget about.

TBH I didn't really phrase it well at all so fair enough, it does sound a lot worse than I meant it to be.
Original post by superflysister
is that because he put his sausage in you and you are no longer an innocent virgin?

Not at all.
Reply 24
Stop Henry VIII's older brother (Prince Arthur) dying at 15. It would be interesting to know what might have happened without Henry VIII as king.
Hey Tuesday. Pig in a poke!
Original post by 2ndClass
why?

Because the ONS/FWB I had is my biggest regret.
Original post by miscounted_time
Ok half the topic title got cut off.

The question was
If you had the opportunity to go back in time and prevent any event from happening. What would you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The big bang, coz everything sucks.
I would hate to ever go back in time. Seriously, the time paradoxes blow my mind
Reply 29
I'd have prevented the fall of the British Empire and ensured continued hegemony (well, multi-polar hegemony).

1) I would have ceded Austria, part of Poland and part of France to Germany potentially preventing the outbreak of WW2. In return they would leave the remainder of eastern Europe and France and allow us unrestricted access to the Baltic Sea.

2) I would have ceded Canada to the USA (many people don't know it but there was actually a very real threat of war between the USA and UK as late as the 30's). In return they would have ceded Hawaii to the British Empire and agreed to stay neutral in what was to follow.

3) With the Germans and USA out of matters i would cede India to the Japanese in exchange for an alliance.. and the invasion of the USSR from both sides. Gunboat diplomacy would ensure the Swedish don't present a problem in allowing use of their ports.

Having prevented war with Japan and decimated Russia i would have prevented development of the nuke for a while and the widespread bombing of Britain given British air and naval superiority. As such, the British Empire would largely remain in tact.

I would however have then withdrawn from Eastern Africa with the exception of invading Madagascar and possibly negotiating with Spain and the USA for further Caribbean territory.
Reply 30
Stop myself from going to Michael John of Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Would go and prevent 9/11 from happening. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest