The Student Room Group

Geography revision help?

Hey everyone.. I'm kinda new so yeah. I'm trying to revise for my gcse geography exam but I'm really struggling. The only way I know to revise is to literally make full length notes on each page of the revision guide.. However I feel that this is taking too long for me.. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could revise slightly quicker (to not waste time) but effectively? Would be much appreciated :smile: X
Reply 1
Any ideas?
i would do a mind map..try bubble.com you can do one online then, and just pick out keys words to learn
Reply 3
From my own personal experience I quite like the use of flashcards. Most people think that they're dull and boring, and at your age I couldn't see the point of them. However once you start using them you realize you have all the information that you need to ace your exam on a few bits of paper and you can even take it with you right before you go into the exam. I would generally look at your notes for half an hour a day (if possible, priorities subjects if you feel best to) and try and do a past paper per topic.
Specifically to Geography I recommend that you know five strong facts about each case study, that's generally the right amount to get to the 8-10 mark area. Make sure you pop in little bits of information and try not to rely on basic knowledge of the area.

If you need any help feel free to ask away~
Reply 4
Thankyou a lot guys :biggrin: this has been really helpful!
Reply 5
Original post by megaannxo
Hey everyone.. I'm kinda new so yeah. I'm trying to revise for my gcse geography exam but I'm really struggling. The only way I know to revise is to literally make full length notes on each page of the revision guide.. However I feel that this is taking too long for me.. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could revise slightly quicker (to not waste time) but effectively? Would be much appreciated :smile: X

they way i revise is to write my notes out in bullet point form, i also used mindmaps for case studies at gcse although i can't do this now for a level
Reply 6
When's your exam? I have my physical paper for GCSE on Tuesday and I've made A3 sheets with all the content, (making) case study flashcards and then doing past papers to reinforce the content. Although I'm now on study leave, my geography teacher is still kindly helping me out by marking some of my work for me via email - would this be an option for you?
Note: The A3 sheets did take hours to do, so they might not be the best idea if it's not long until the exams, but they did help to condense all the info to make it seem somewhat less to learn.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
My exam is on Tuesday too.. I've pretty much finished physical geography now, but my teacher won't mark via email.. She's so unreliable. I think it's going to be a case of re reading notes now D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending