The Student Room Group

For people doing As French

I'm doing OCR French at As. I've managed to find a vocabulary list. Unfortunately, it's for GCSE. Would it be a good idea to look at it anyway or should I know more intense vocabulary?
Reply 1
Original post by Archurus23
I'm doing OCR French at As. I've managed to find a vocabulary list. Unfortunately, it's for GCSE. Would it be a good idea to look at it anyway or should I know more intense vocabulary?

I would recommend you make your own vocabulary list up, compile all your notes into one big vocabulary list/flash card set. The internet is pretty poor for A Level vocabulary, unless you actually go on to French websites.

'Mot a Mot' is a brilliant book for your topic-specific vocabulary and some really good phrases. You might be able to find it a library or you could get it online for a low price.

An alternative method is to brainstorm all your topics and consider the vocab you would relate to the topic (e.g Smoking = Cigarettes, Cardiovascular system) and then use a dictionary to look up any phrases/words that you don't know. This may seem more time consuming than googling a vocab list, but because you are finding the words out yourself, you will remember a lot more.

If you're still stumped. Check out Quizlet
Reply 2
I do AQA AS French and I've put every single page of my vocabulary book on Quizlet, which might help you. Just look at my sets on http://quizlet.com/ToriaM34
Reply 3
I have checked out quizlet and I'll use it more often. Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Toriar
I do AQA AS French and I've put every single page of my vocabulary book on Quizlet, which might help you. Just look at my sets on http://quizlet.com/ToriaM34

Thank you so much, really helpful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bstar
Thank you so much, really helpful :smile:

You're very welcome :smile: After spending hours typing all of those words into quizlet, it makes me happy that other people are benefiting from it besides just me! Haha :tongue:
Reply 6
I have been trying to revise for French but I haven't really been getting on with the subject. My final exam is in two weeks and I have been trying to learn vocabulary by looking through past papers and quizlet. Otherwise, I don't know any other method of learning vocabulary for As OCR French. I'm aiming for a b but I'm not sure if it can be done in two weeks, even though I have made attempts beforehand. To be honest, I find it easier to revise for the other subjects I am doing. Please, any A* examples of writing, any vocabulary, any advice or any tips for exam technique for French would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an A2 French student and I'd recommend learning all your GCSE vocabulary - it's guaranteed to reappear.
Reply 8
But in that case, how would a level be different from GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Also, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toriar

Thank you this is really helpful, my speakings on Friday and i'm so scared! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
Thank you this is really helpful, my speakings on Friday and i'm so scared! Thanks again :smile:

You're welcome :smile: good luck on your speaking, I had mine before Easter and it's not too bad so try not to worry too much :tongue:
Original post by Toriar
You're welcome :smile: good luck on your speaking, I had mine before Easter and it's not too bad so try not to worry too much :tongue:

Aww lucky, thank you very much, Haha considering I've only just started revising its gonna go bad! But thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest