The Student Room Group

Any last minute advice for driving test?:0

hey im doing my driving test next week for the third time!
im quite nervous all though im taking that kalms stuff. ive been practising quite a lot with my instructor and my parents so im feeling confident. all though i took a two month break from lessons between my second test and this one now as i changed instructor and im afraid of making silly mistakes!
I get really nervous and confused at roundabouts, can anyone give me any pointers about them or just the test in general?
Thanks sonya x
Original post by sonyliv
im quite nervous all though im taking that kalms stuff. ive been practising quite a lot with my instructor and my parents so im feeling confident. all though i took a two month break from lessons between my second test and this one now as i changed instructor and im afraid of making silly mistakes!
I get really nervous and confused at roundabouts, can anyone give me any pointers about them or just the test in general?
Thanks sonya x

Simply treat it as a normal lesson just with a bit more caution.
When you get confused and nervous, don't panick and just be calm and think through, especially if you make a small mistake as that causes people to mess up even more as they just panick.
Reply 2
thanks im dreading it, mainly due to the cost
Reply 3
Don't tell all your friends you are doing it. It adds to the pressure. Practice those roundabouts with your instructor - only practice can help. Think positive, concentrate hard on the day and try to keep things in perspective. Good luck..
I agree with zarek, i didn't even tell my parents when I did it, less pressure and I passed. And take your time not too much because you can fail because of that too. Also show to the instructor that you are alert and confident
and finally good luck hope its not busy and the weathers nice.
Don't crash :borat:
Take an hour lesson before your test it's a good way to "warm" you up like you feel more confident going into your test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Driving tests are about making your examiner feel safe and comfortable. I took three attempts to do mine, and on the first two I got so caught up in the pedantic mirror checking and road placement etc that I lost track of the smoothness and fluidity that an examiner looks for. Try to relax, and if you can make the examiner feel at ease they'll often overlook small mistakes in favour of overall safe and proper driving. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by sonyliv
Thanks sonya x

Be calm. I made a mistake doing the parking, but I calmly rectified it and managed to pass. He did say had I panicked & not rectified it would have been a fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thanks everyone for your replies, its great to get some reassurance! the test is tomorrow so ill let use know! x
Clutch left
Brake middle
Accelerator right

It's key you don't forget this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi everyone I failed! Failed on my second hillstart :frown: never knew they could ask you to do it twice, and I done the first one perfectly! The second was that I drove to close to a parked car but I realised this happened so I pulled out and corrected it immediately but he still failed me :frown: seems a bit harsh to me
Original post by sonyliv
Hi everyone I failed! Failed on my second hillstart :frown: never knew they could ask you to do it twice, and I done the first one perfectly! The second was that I drove to close to a parked car but I realised this happened so I pulled out and corrected it immediately but he still failed me :frown: seems a bit harsh to me

unlucky, sometimes you get some real *******s. Just try again straight away in 10 days.
Reply 13
Original post by thuvcasio
unlucky, sometimes you get some real *******s. Just try again straight away in 10 days.

Exactly ill get it someday hopefully!
Reply 14
Hiya i, m doing my today for the third time, did you pass your test? Feel sick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending