The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6bi07 (unit 3) on 06th may 2014

Scroll to see replies

For the visual representation I made a table because the data given was scattered we had to organise it nd this time they specifically didn't use 'graphical' but visual. So I thought table will be appropriate :/ now im not sure if its right cuz none did tht way.. I myt lose the whole 3 marks.

For other species bacteria question, I wrote in both solvent A has highest diameter and for S typhi control was used but for othr species their is no mention of control so its valid than others.

And thymol company was rival site? Don't thymol also consist of this thyrenoid chemical? ?
Original post by princezzstar
For the visual representation I made a table because the data given was scattered we had to organise it nd this time they specifically didn't use 'graphical' but visual. So I thought table will be appropriate :/ now im not sure if its right cuz none did tht way.. I myt lose the whole 3 marks.

For other species bacteria question, I wrote in both solvent A has highest diameter and for S typhi control was used but for othr species their is no mention of control so its valid than others.

And thymol company was rival site? Don't thymol also consist of this thyrenoid chemical? ?

Among my classmates only one of them drew a table, most of them drew bar charts including me. So, I think majority didn't think like you but don't be disheartened, mark schemes have a wide range for answers.

Your answer for S. typhi and thymol seems correct.
Reply 323
Guys make a thread for unit 1 and post the link here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nora R. Chloe
Among my classmates only one of them drew a table, most of them drew bar charts including me. So, I think majority didn't think like you but don't be disheartened, mark schemes have a wide range for answers.

Your answer for S. typhi and thymol seems correct.

Oh yeah I hope so :smile:
No for thymol I dint write rival site cuz I thought thymol also produces the chemical thyrenoid so won't talk against their own chemical.
Does anyone have the link to the next week's biology unit 6 thread?
Thank you :smile:
Hey guys..

I sat the IAL biology unit 3 exam on tuesday as I am based in Spain.

It sounds to me as though the IAL exam and the GCE exam were exactly the same! Which raises my question.. Other than the fact that IAL exams can be taken in January, WHAT is the point in creating two distinct qualifications? To me it seems pointless!

I've seen from previous posts that some of you didn't plot the SDs on the graph.. I figured that as they were given to us, we needed to plot them to gain full marks. Did anyone else plot a bar graph with SDs?

Good luck to everyone sitting exams this summer! Let's hope unit 1 and 2 are nice papers too! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vetstudent2014
Hey guys..

I sat the IAL biology unit 3 exam on tuesday as I am based in Spain.

It sounds to me as though the IAL exam and the GCE exam were exactly the same! Which raises my question.. Other than the fact that IAL exams can be taken in January, WHAT is the point in creating two distinct qualifications? To me it seems pointless!

I've seen from previous posts that some of you didn't plot the SDs on the graph.. I figured that as they were given to us, we needed to plot them to gain full marks. Did anyone else plot a bar graph with SDs?

Good luck to everyone sitting exams this summer! Let's hope unit 1 and 2 are nice papers too! :biggrin:

There are no GCE unit 3 written exams!

I'm sure that the IAL and GCE papers were and will be different. Because of two things

1. The GCE and IAL papers are sat at different times.
2. For Unit 5 Biology exam the GCE paper and IAL paper have two different scientific articles. So obviously its two different papers.

Home students in the UK have to do a Visit/Issue report for Unit 3 while IAL students have the written paper.

Afaik UK students can no more do January exams so Edexcel cannot have January exams for UK students. But for international students there's no law or ruling or anything. So January exams could be continued. So for that they have a different qualification. And for a GCE qualification in science it is a must to do what UK students do for Unit 3 and 6 but there's no rule or law for international students. So for that they have a different qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Right Okay! Thanks for clearing that up!

I was a little confused is all! :tongue:
Original post by princezzstar
Oh yeah I hope so :smile:
No for thymol I dint write rival site cuz I thought thymol also produces the chemical thyrenoid so won't talk against their own chemical.

:smile:
Yeah they won't be negative about their formula, and government won't be biased about something so specific.
I hope we all get above 48!
how many marks went for the second graph Q and the Q about the 'other methods' in eliminating the mites?
Hey.. for anyone taking IAL Chemistry, I've made a thread for unit 1 (WCH01) http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47531847&highlight=IAL%20chemistry
Let's start sharing ideas and thoughts :smile:
Guys we should stop discussing the 3B paper I mean most of the questions have been discussed here and there is no further need to add to the thread...Please lets just focus on the unit 1 paper since it counts for 40% of our mark <3

my lovely thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2675904
Reply 334
Does anyone know a thread like this for unit 2 on june 2nd?
was the standard deviation necessary ? because usually they ask for it in the question whereas in this one they didn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending