The Student Room Group

my manager told me to shut u retard

Scroll to see replies

I am not here to argue, im here to help.
I am talking about judging the person, you should never do that its not right.
He judged his manager from the way he looked.
I judged his action, they're totally different.

If i punch you in the head from behind in a fight, you have every right to call me a coward. :wink:
Reply 21
OP you do not, and should not, stand for abuse. Yes there can be a certain level of 'banter' in the workplace but this was clearly not that. It is not weak, it is not akin to 'crying' to question your boss's actions. He has crossed a line and given you vocal abuse, offensive and ignorant abuse at that. Is there no-one else you can talk to about this, someone 'above' him? Otherwise I would start giving your CV in other places, because you deserve a better employer than this - everyone does. It's not about being 'lenient' or thinking 'aw it's fine he might be having a bad day...' because this is the professional workplace, and calling someone that works for you, is trying to help you, a retard, is absolutely not ok. If this really is something frequent and particularly if it is affecting your happiness at work, please consider moving elsewhere. You don't have to tell him you're looking in other places - but when you quit you can certainly tell him he was not a good employer! (Unless you need that reference haha.)
I would say to the OP.
Do not ever give a sht what others think of you, because then you are restricted.
To do this, you must really love yourself and love everyone around you.

Next, think from all angles.
Did you do anything wrong?
If not, what he did was wrong.

What kind of a person is he?
If you dont know, you should find out.

Can you take this verbal abuse?
Is it everyday or once in a while?
When you work, you gain knowledge of what is expected of you.
Including what you signed up for.

If you cant take it, send out CV's to other jobs available and find a new job.
The key is to be a man, dont be upset from little things like this, know what you're worth.
His time has past, hes at this position because of what he did in the past.
This is also how victims of bullies end up killing their selves.
Just always be happy, always smile, think of the people with disabilities how they are restricted, be thankful you are able to work.
Think of the people dying in Syria or in other countries, and you're crying about this?
Be a man! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zenarthra
Dude come on, thats being too judgemental, maybe hes going through a tough time?
So when he drives to work, hes drunk, hes drunk at work, hes drunk driving home from work?
Why the fk would his boss employ him then?

he lives upstairs inside the pub. yes ill admit, his drinking coz his lonely and bored. But 7 days a week? i am not exaggerating, he goes thru 30 bottles of wine every week. Ive been there for 3 months, i have no seen him without a glass of wine.

If his bored and lonely, why does he not go somewhere, perhaps find some friends? visit family, do something! And i dont tell him this, simply because i dont really care about him, its his life, his destroying himself with it. Im there to earn money.
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
he lives upstairs inside the pub. yes ill admit, his drinking coz his lonely and bored. But 7 days a week? i am not exaggerating, he goes thru 30 bottles of wine every week. Ive been there for 3 months, i have no seen him without a glass of wine.

If his bored and lonely, why does he not go somewhere, perhaps find some friends? visit family, do something! And i dont tell him this, simply because i dont really care about him, its his life, his destroying himself with it. Im there to earn money.

Well go and answer those questions by getting to know him better...
You dont have to be totally involved in his life, just knowing that you gave him some advice is good enough because hes an adult, hes old enough to make his own decisions.
If you're there just to make money, i can give you a simple answer.
Send out your CV's and see if you get better pay than this job, if you get accepted, you know what to do.
If you dont care about others, others shouldn't care about you either.
You asked for our help, your boss is showing all the signs that he needs your help.
Some people sk for help, and others do not ask even when they need it.
SO GO HELP HIM!!

I know i would if i was in your position. :smile:
You are right to be annoyed, any private imformation about your heatlh or mental development should stay confidental.

Quick Reply

Latest