The Student Room Group

MSc Mathematical finance. Better in UK? Or in US? for better future?

This poll is closed

Which university is best for MSc Financial Mathematics based on its Job placements?

London School of Economics and political science 100%
University college london 0%
Manchester United University 0%
Warwick University 0%
Cass City University 0%
University of South hapmton 0%
Bristol University 0%
King's college,London0%
Total votes: 1
Hello guys..I am a student from India doing my undergrad in mathematics. I am really interested in mathematical finance. But I have some doubts.Here they are :

1.Which course is better to get into? Mathematical finance? Or computational finance? Or financial engineering?
2. How is all these course different from Mathematical finance?
3. Which country will be best for me to get into? For better future? UK or USA?
4. What happens after I complete my degree? Will get job offers? Or I will have to go for PhD?
5. Do I need to learn programming languages before joining any such course? Or they will teach me?

Please help me out.. Thanks!
Reply 1
First of all, this is wrong forum to ask these questions. If you want much more relevant answers go to quant community forums - e.g. wilmott or quantnet. All of these questions were already answered there and not just once. From your question it is evident that you have done little to no research on the subject so I would suggest just reading career subsections of the forums for a few days.
You need to specify your background a lot more to get any sensible answer. The best programmes to get a job ATM are top MFEs in US (Columbia, Baruch etc. - ranking is on quantnet) but keep in mind that these are one of the most expensive and hardest to get into programmes out there. Generally, you will need to learn C++ and other languages (Python?) or at least their basics before you will start the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending