The Student Room Group

Farm Foods graduate scheme

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has ever done the graduate scheme for farm foods? What were they looking for in your presentation? What was the interview like? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I've applied for the graduate scheme and not really sure what to do the presentation on :s-smilie:
I study human nutrition so thinking of doing something related to health or something.
What are your ideas for your presentation?
Reply 2
I was thinking either dark tourism or womens rugby :/ not sure tho! x
Reply 3
Hi I've just done the tests for the scheme. Hopefully get on to the next bit. What are they asking for, for the presentation if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 4
They just said to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a topic of my own choice :smile: good luck! x
Reply 5
Thanks! :smile:
Hey :smile: I've applied too! Does anyone know where the assessment centre is? Or when the scheme started? There seems to be no information at all online for it!
Also I studied literature so Im thinking of doing either my dissertation novel from aspecific angle or one on the versatility in literature. I am worried aboutdoing something completely unrelated to anything retail related, but I guessits all about showing presentation skills isn’t it?
Reply 7
Original post by sunsetborderline
Hey :smile: I've applied too! Does anyone know where the assessment centre is? Or when the scheme started? There seems to be no information at all online for it!
Also I studied literature so Im thinking of doing either my dissertation novel from aspecific angle or one on the versatility in literature. I am worried aboutdoing something completely unrelated to anything retail related, but I guessits all about showing presentation skills isn’t it?

Hey yeah the topic is not that relevant I don't think it's how you present :smile: well I'm hoping!

I've looked too and there's nothing on about farmfoods grad scheme. I think it would be glasgow or cumbernauld if your from scotland that is!

I'll post in when I get my date and what the location is :smile:
Original post by Rolo31
Hey yeah the topic is not that relevant I don't think it's how you present :smile: well I'm hoping!

I've looked too and there's nothing on about farmfoods grad scheme. I think it would be glasgow or cumbernauld if your from scotland that is!

Thanks :smile:I'll do the same. I have to say I'm nervous about it. I dont think I'd be too bad if they'd given us examples :P
Reply 9
Everyone takes a different approach, the way I look it as you don't know these people so whats there to be nervous about :smile:! Sure it will be good whatever you choose.
Original post by Rolo31

Hey, I got mine :smile: 1pm on the 8th July in Durham :smile:
Reply 11
What region are you? Not heard anything yet. Hope its not the 16th! (Graduation)
Reply 12
Well I have to wait to hear back from Michelle now to see if I can continue with my application as google decided it wasn't going to send my presentation and not save it in drafts!!! Only noticed when looking through my sent messages!
Im in the North East. About 30 miles from Durham which is great :smile:
And oh no Gembo! Did you email and explain?
Reply 14
I tried to as best I could over email but I think I'll phone her office, probably Tuesday now with bank holiday :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by sunsetborderline
Hey, I got mine :smile: 1pm on the 8th July in Durham :smile:

Hey mines is on the 9th in glasgow. So sunsetborderline you can let us know how it goes 😁😊!

Gembo I hope you get it sorted, sure you will!
(edited 9 years ago)
I wonder how many there are around the country. Considering how little information there is online it must be a fairly recent scheme. Not sure if thats a benefit to us or not :P
Reply 18
Hey sunsetborderline good luck today :smile: let us know how it goes!
Hey everyone, just wondering if you guy could me some tips on what to look out for in the Farmfoods graduate interview?

Quick Reply

Latest