The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Accommodation

I've applied for accommodation at Southampton and I'm hoping to get into Wessex Halls but apparently a lot of people were saying that the bathrooms and showers there were bad. Apparently there's a lot of leakage. Is this true?
Another question is, are you able to lock the bathrooms and the showers when you're in?
Wessex Lane consists of two Halls - Montefiore House and Connaught Hall. They have various ages and differ significantly.

Connaught has Old Quad (where I live) and New Quad. You can get the main difference - one is older than the other. They say that older rooms are bigger and I'm pretty sure Monte(fiore), which is much newer than Connaught, has smaller rooms (as I've saw them myself).

About the showers... if you are unlucky you may have mushrooms in your shower :biggrin: But that was an isolated case. They are cleaned weekly, supply good steady amount of water at the temperature you want. They are not awesome, but surely there are many more horrendous things than my shower. Depends on the price you pay of course and what level of luxury you want. Obviously you can lock the shower door and the toilet door.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you very much for replying! So are the showers basically walk in? Or is it a room that has a shower in it?
Hey! Does anyone know if part catered accommodation is worth the $$? or is it better to just go for fully catered / self catered accommodation?
Reply 4
There's no full catered at Southampton, only part catered. I'm in Connaught Halls at the moment (One of the part-catered halls), and the food is average at best and the times when you can eat are limited. The kitchens are also quite small and difficult to cook in, certainly in New Quad. Based on this, if you don't mind cooking, I'd suggest going self-catered and put a little extra effort in to get something decent :P Still, it's quite nice during exams and the first month or so as you don't have to worry about it.

Tl;dr: Food isn't BAD, it's just not good. Think school dinners, maybe slightly better, and you'll get a good benchmark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending