The Student Room Group

how long does the driving pleasure last for you?

Poll

How long does the driving pleasure last?

I wonder how long it will take for me to get bored of driving.
Right now i can't wait till i get a car and hope to drive everywhere

some people like my dad see it as a pain now unlike few years ago

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
About 2-4 weeks I would say until the buzz wears out.

I neither like or dislike driving and I passed 6 months ago.
I passed 3 months ago and still love it. /shrug
Reply 3
Of course everyone's different I guess.
It's not so much the driving that gets me bored, but the car itself:sigh:
You feel as though a much faster and MUCH bigger car would make your driving experience a helluva more exhilarating! XD
Reply 5
I passed about 9 months ago and I've done 17,000 miles and still not bored, although I hate driving in traffic.
Reply 6
Original post by thuvcasio
I wonder how long it will take for me to get bored of driving.
Right now i can't wait till i get a car and hope to drive everywhere

some people like my dad see it as a pain now unlike few years ago

in a car - a few hours of non stop driving

on a motorbike - never :biggrin:
Reply 7
I still enjoyed driving years after passing. Used to love driving down the M6 to see my mum, as I'd put some good music on and sing along and with it being just me in my car, it was awesome. Sadly I don't have a car right now as I'm a poor student but will enjoy it again when I get another one. I was very excited when I passed but it was coupled with nerves; when you've been driving for a while, the excitement wears off but it's much more relaxing and enjoyable, or so I found anyway.
I've been driving for nearly 3 years now and have had my current car for nearly 3 months.

Still take every opportunity to drive when I can. My wallet doesn't like it though.
Reply 9
2 years - still going strong :smile:
Reply 10
I still enjoy it. Having a nice car helps.

Only takes one trip on a crowded bus or a long wait on a cold, wet and windy railway platform to remind me how lucky we are to have cars - coat off, heated seats and radio on, and drive to the doorstep.
Nice to hear and FXX I despise public transport too.
Reply 12
Ive made this thread before lol. For me ive been driving for a year now and still love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been riding for 6 years now and still enjoy it as much as the first day.

Only last week i had a nice 200 mile blast across the country back from my parents house to uni. Had a stupid grin on my face most of the way.

Think it highly depends on what vehicle you have and what the alternative is.
Reply 14
I don't understand why people talk about driving as if it's some kind of hobby or leisure activity. It isn't. It's a practical necessity in this day and age. People don't drive because they enjoy it, they drive because they must. It's largely quite a boring affair. Being stuck in traffic or driving for long hours on motorways are not fun ways to spend your time.

Unless of course you like to cruise around some scenic countryside in a ferrari on sunny days, on your way to a picnic with some lover, in which case you would be driving for pleasure.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been driving for close to ten years and have never really enjoyed it. I don't hate it, but it's just a (sometimes rather tedious) way of getting around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always can't wait for the next opportunity to drive (can only drive my Dad's car as I don't have my own car).

I love driving, even if it means dropping my mum to the bus stop (which is only a minute away)!
I never looked forward to driving, and didn't really enjoy it when it came around. Lessons were a chore.
Reply 18
Original post by Stinkum
I don't understand why people talk about driving as if it's some kind of hobby or leisure activity. It isn't. It's a practical necessity in this day and age. People don't drive because they enjoy it, they drive because they must. It's largely quite a boring affair. Being stuck in traffic or driving for long hours on motorways are not fun ways to spend your time.

Unless of course you like to cruise around some scenic countryside in a ferrari on sunny days, on your way to a picnic with some lover, in which case you would be driving for pleasure.

Speak for yourself mate. I love driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Don'tt think it'll ever wear me out, especially if the car in question is a rental car :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest