The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

AM I BEING CRAZY? Imperial or UEA for Medicine

Ok so I've got a week to decide whether I'm going to put UEA or Imperial as my firm choice...

On the one hand Imperial has a better reputation (internationally) than UEA, however I worry that the student life will be a bit dull and the work intensity is much higher! Also it's a year longer (6 years). UEA seems more relaxed, fun and people-orientated but I feel obliged to go to Imperial because of its ranking.

Any advice or suggestions on what I should do/ think about?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Johnfable
Ok so I've got a week to decide whether I'm going to put UEA or Imperial as my firm choice...

On the one hand Imperial has a better reputation (internationally) than UEA, however I worry that the student life will be a bit dull and the work intensity is much higher! Also it's a year longer (6 years). UEA seems more relaxed, fun and people-orientated but I feel obliged to go to Imperial because of its ranking.

Any advice or suggestions on what I should do/ think about?

Thanks!

If you're concerned about employment prospects it makes no difference where you go. If you're talking about the reputation of universities in general then of course you don't need me to tell you which is better. The work life may be dull as you put it but it will be hard work at UEA to. There's no such thing as a relaxed medical school!

Personally for the experience of a renowned university, truly diverse intellectual student body across all disciplines and being in London I would go for Imperial. Then again if you feel you will be unhappy there then go to UEA.

You would rathe go somewhere where you are happy and pass the degree and be a doctor rather than go somewhere where you are unhappy and fail.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending