The Student Room Group

Aqa as french exam Essay Predictions

Anyone got any predictions for the exam on the 15th of may?

Scroll to see replies

I am doing French AS on the AQA exam board and would like to know if anyone has predictions for the essays that will come up on May 15th. I suppose because it is the World Cup and because they did not do a question on sport last year then, there must be a question in regards to the importance of sport in peoples lives. I would also love anymore suggestions. THANKS:smile:)
I am also doing French AQA AS exam on the 15th. I think because it is the World Cup this year, I suppose it seems logical that we get a question based on the importance of sport seeing that last year there were no essay questions covering that topic.
Reply 3
Original post by Grandeanglais
I am also doing French AQA AS exam on the 15th. I think because it is the World Cup this year, I suppose it seems logical that we get a question based on the importance of sport seeing that last year there were no essay questions covering that topic.

I am so hoping that is the case. Sport is my most confident topic and i'm rather weak at essay writing.
Reply 4
if our chosen topic for our speaking exam is publicity can i still answer an essay question on publicity or not?
Original post by amejv
if our chosen topic for our speaking exam is publicity can i still answer an essay question on publicity or not?

Yes, the speaking and writing exam have pretty much nothing to do with each other apart from making up your grade tbh! (A2 here!)
Reply 6
Original post by Paralove
Yes, the speaking and writing exam have pretty much nothing to do with each other apart from making up your grade tbh! (A2 here!)

THANK YOU! im so nervous for the exam, especially for the essay writing part! I'm regretting not learning any grammar all year, and im predicted an A
Original post by amejv
THANK YOU! im so nervous for the exam, especially for the essay writing part! I'm regretting not learning any grammar all year, and im predicted an A

At least learn the conjugations for the present, perfect, imperfect, conditional and future in each of faire, être, avoir, aller, devoir, pouvoir and vouloir as these are by far the most useful and common. Then learn the general conjugations i.e. for regular verbs (aforementioned ones are all irregular).

I'm sure that you'll be fine! Knowing vocab is probably the most important thing as it comes up on so much stuff. The exam is only two weeks so for revision I suggest reading news sites like Le Monde, if you go on TV5 there is a section that you can do listening exercises on.
Reply 8
I sat this exam last year and I'm resitting it to hopefully gain a few extra UMS. Last year there was a really good question on holidays which basically asked to explain the advantages and disadvantages of holidays! So much easier than any other AS question I've come across. But there weren't any questions on family/friends/relationships so I can see something on that coming up again:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Paralove
At least learn the conjugations for the present, perfect, imperfect, conditional and future in each of faire, être, avoir, aller, devoir, pouvoir and vouloir as these are by far the most useful and common. Then learn the general conjugations i.e. for regular verbs (aforementioned ones are all irregular).

I'm sure that you'll be fine! Knowing vocab is probably the most important thing as it comes up on so much stuff. The exam is only two weeks so for revision I suggest reading news sites like Le Monde, if you go on TV5 there is a section that you can do listening exercises on.

Ok thank you! I was just looking at the last mock i did and got 41/50 so a B, on the marking sheet it said i need to improve on spontaneity and taking the lead with the conversation, what would say to improve this?
Original post by amejv
Ok thank you! I was just looking at the last mock i did and got 41/50 so a B, on the marking sheet it said i need to improve on spontaneity and taking the lead with the conversation, what would say to improve this?

Exactly the same as those comments. You should obviously answer the questions asked but you lead the conversation in adding a little something in your response, so the person asks you about that or something related.
What is everyone doing to revise for this exam?
Since I'm resitting, I'm not really revising much as the reading and listening parts are fairly standard. I'm only really going over possible vocabulary that I might need during the essay. What I found helpful last year, however, was to make mind maps on every possible topic and subtopic. I was lucky as the topic I had revised in the most detail was holidays and that was one of the questions that came up!
Original post by sammyruse
Since I'm resitting, I'm not really revising much as the reading and listening parts are fairly standard. I'm only really going over possible vocabulary that I might need during the essay. What I found helpful last year, however, was to make mind maps on every possible topic and subtopic. I was lucky as the topic I had revised in the most detail was holidays and that was one of the questions that came up!

What grade did you get for AS French last year if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by nardeearr
What grade did you get for AS French last year if you don't mind me asking?

An annoyingly high C, so I'm resitting to get it to a B or even an A as I need a B to get into uni
An annoyingly high C, so I'm resitting to get it to a B or even an A as I need a B to get into uni

oh,good luck!
are you doing A2 french?
Reply 16

what uni do you want to go to and course do you want to do
Original post by nardeearr
oh,good luck!
are you doing A2 french?

Thank you! Yeah, and I want to do it at uni next year!
Original post by llik
what uni do you want to go to and course do you want to do

If all goes well this summer then in September I'll be going to Swansea uni to do French and beginner's Spanish :-)
Reply 19
If all goes well this summer then in September I'll be going to Swansea uni to do French and beginner's Spanish :-)

what grades did you get at AS and would grades do they ask for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending