The Student Room Group

Aqa as french exam Essay Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can answer my question. If I am resitting both of my AS exams, and say I did better in one last year, will they count that towards my final AS grade? I haven't taken it to A-Level, but I wanted to improve my grade in it from AS.
Original post by annaelizabet
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can answer my question. If I am resitting both of my AS exams, and say I did better in one last year, will they count that towards my final AS grade? I haven't taken it to A-Level, but I wanted to improve my grade in it from AS.

If you do better, then the better score will count. If not, they'll keep your grade from last year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammyruse
If you do better, then the better score will count. If not, they'll keep your grade from last year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

even if i have changed colleges?
Reply 43
my teacher thinks the essays will be on friends or sports? i feel so ****ed for this exam and sociology tomorrow
Original post by amejv
my teacher thinks the essays will be on friends or sports? i feel so ****ed for this exam and sociology tomorrow

I have french and sociology tomorrow too!! Do yours clash?? I have to go in isolation :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by charlii96
I have french and sociology tomorrow too!! Do yours clash?? I have to go in isolation :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG YES! i have french at 9 till 11 and them i'm isolation till 1 and then it's general studies at 2:05
Original post by annaelizabet
even if i have changed colleges?

Not sure about that, you'll have to ask someone at your college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm re-sitting this exam tommorow too- i feel like i'm Totally F*****.. merde!
Original post by amejv
OMG YES! i have french at 9 till 11 and them i'm isolation till 1 and then it's general studies at 2:05

Wheyyy fun times to be alive... haha! I'm onlh worried about the essays for both of these subjects... thats all i spend my life worrying about, god damn ESSAYS!!
Reply 49
Original post by charlii96

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I, fml.
Original post by BuddingAchiever
http://www.memrise.com/course/187079/aqa-as-french-oral-phrases-contextual-knowledge/

Found this amazing memrise course for as- french..... it's got lots of technical terms

Thank you very much! :biggrin:
Sport seems to be a popular prediction :/ i'll revise that and healthy eating just in case.. bonne chance tout le monde pour demain :smile:
Reply 52
La pub et le sport/entre nous probs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if using idioms is a good idea? I know a good one if an essay for fashion/image comes up but I'm not really sure how welcome it would be
Reply 54
Anyone know if using idioms is a good idea? I know a good one if an essay for fashion/image comes up but I'm not really sure how welcome it would be

Is it les fringues per chance?

I think it's okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what it is. If you probably wouldn't say it in a real conversation ie. sounds too pretentious, then I probably wouldn't use it.
Original post by lucissa
Is it les fringues per chance?

I think it's okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Être maquillée comme une voiture volée' - to wear too much make up, literally to be made up like a stolen car.
Les fringues is slang for clothes I think?
I might give it a go if it comes up, unless of course I find out that it's not a good idea.
Reply 57
'Être maquillée comme une voiture volée' - to wear too much make up, literally to be made up like a stolen car.
Les fringues is slang for clothes I think?
I might give it a go if it comes up, unless of course I find out that it's not a good idea.

Hmm. Just got to pray the examiner knows the idiom in that case.

Correct :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by llamaspoon
Depends what it is. If you probably wouldn't say it in a real conversation ie. sounds too pretentious, then I probably wouldn't use it.

That's what I'm worried about, I can't tell if it's really informal slang or something French people say quite often.
Original post by lucissa
Hmm. Just got to pray the examiner knows the idiom in that case.

Correct :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I see my French teacher beforehand then I'll ask her if it's well known, if not then I'll know to steer clear of idioms!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending