The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reminds me of Jesus condemning the hypocrites who love to pray on street corners, I'm not sure there's much you can do to be honest.
Just outside the market place opposite Pizza Hut is where they try to give me leaflets but I am brown and pretend I am a Muslim and they leave me be XD
Reply 22
Original post by Kasa
Not necessarily. The people who play the music loudly all happen to be of the same ethnicity; They could easily play the race card when I am complaining about them, etc.

That's ridiculous.
Reply 23
Original post by JC.
That's ridiculous.

Unfortunately that is the case. It happened to my boyfriend who was complaining about the sermons coming from the mosque every single day in his local area.
I saw these guys too, they looked pretty well built, unsure is any offence was intended, however i heard being played on loud speaker something along the lines 'islam is both the giver of life, and the taker of life; ...given the current situations in the world, not least a beheading the previous day, very well publicised, it would seem perhaps inappropriate, if not offensive. i went on to eat in a halal restaurant, no issue with religion/islam as such, but this did seem 'louder' and more 'inapropriate' in its tone than any flute player i pass on the street.
I'm unsure of the policy on street preachers, however IF i heard correctly, not appropriate for our streets, preach harmony, not hate! (if that was the case?)
i just got back from the uae and they destroy your eardrums at 4 am by creaming scripture in Arabic and it because intolerable after about a day.
Reply 26
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Reminds me of Jesus condemning the hypocrites who love to pray on street corners, I'm not sure there's much you can do to be honest.

lol this is the perfect way of putting it exactly what i was thinking most of these guys were drinking and partying hard weeks before they re found their islam.
Gary thread died 7 years ago
Original post by Kasa
Unfortunately that is the case. It happened to my boyfriend who was complaining about the sermons coming from the mosque every single day in his local area.

U say u were raised in a Muslim household and that you’re a muslim. Then u proceed to say u have a boyfriend. Which is not allowed.
Was the purpose if this thread meant to be satire?

FYI ik this thread was made 8 years but Gary above for some reason decided to open it lol.
Original post by Kasa
Thank you, but we are in England, not in Saudi Arabia

It's hard to when you are working in Birmingham City Centre and it is being played 24/7

Which country are you from?

Latest

Trending

Trending