The Student Room Group

Msc occupational therapy Brunel 2014

Is anyone starting at brunel in September on the msc occupational therapy (pre reg)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Alice,

Yes, all being well I will be! As I don't have a science background, I have to take an anatomy and physiology course in order to meet my offer. It's going to be quite a bit of work but worth it as Brunel was my top choice!

Will you be living local to Uxbridge?

Helena :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by helenasr
Hi Alice,

Yes, all being well I will be! As I don't have a science background, I have to take an anatomy and physiology course in order to meet my offer. It's going to be quite a bit of work but worth it as Brunel was my top choice!

Will you be living local to Uxbridge?

Helena :smile:

Hey Helena,

Congratulations! That does sound like hard work but I'm sure it will be worth it. When does your anatomy and physiology course start? Is it at brunel? I live in north west london so will be commuting but hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. how about you? I'm really excited to start!
Reply 3
I've managed to find an online one that I can start this week, hoping that will be easier to fit in around work and other commitments. Apparently it takes 60 hours :/

I live in NW London too but am moving over the summer...hopefully a little nearer to Brunel! Although it seems a tricky place to travel to wherever you are - the times I've been there so far, it takes about 20 minutes to the campus even from the station! I suppose we'll get used to it though.

I can't wait to start either. Feel like I'm in limbo at the moment before the next chapter can begin! Are you working in anything similar at the moment?
Reply 4
Ive sent a message to your inbox!
Original post by Alice Mary
Is anyone starting at brunel in September on the msc occupational therapy (pre reg)?

Hey Girls :smile: Im starting in september at Brunel as well :smile:
Reply 6
Hi everyone, I'm also starting at Brunel in September, very exciting! :smile:
Reply 7
Hey there! Congratulations. I am also so excited! Which day did you guys interview? I wonder if we met?
Reply 8
Mine was on 5th March in the morning. It seems like such a long time ago! When was yours?
Reply 9
Mine was 5th March am too. Lins89 are you Linda I sat next to on the bus?!
Reply 10
Original post by helenasr
Mine was 5th March am too. Lins89 are you Linda I sat next to on the bus?!

Oh really!? No, I'm Lindsey, but i did get a bus back into Uxbridge afterwards!...
Reply 11
I was on the 2nd April at midday!
Reply 12
Oh sorry, I must have misremembered your name - it was the journey back into Uxbridge I was thinking of too! My brain was pretty much frazzled after the first interview...
Hi guys! Im also starting at Brunel in September. So exciting!!! Though of course now the stress begins! I was went to the selection day on the 28th of April which I think was the add on day. Can't believe I got in
Reply 14
Hey KatyLinda - Congratulations!

I have had a day off work today and have started all the NHS bursary stuff (boss account). Has anyone else done theirs?
Hey KatyLinda - Congratulations!

I have had a day off work today and have started all the NHS bursary stuff (boss account). Has anyone else done theirs?

My interview was on the last selection day, the 28th :smile: I dont think ill be due a bursary but do you know if you have to sort out anything wih regards the money for the NHS funded place?
Reply 16
Original post by Clairey122
My interview was on the last selection day, the 28th :smile: I dont think ill be due a bursary but do you know if you have to sort out anything wih regards the money for the NHS funded place?

Hey Claire it is my understanding that anyone that has an NHS funded place needs to have a NHS boss account. When you sign up you follow the instructions and fill out the application. This is to make sure that the NHS pays your fees but it also means you will get your non-means tested bursary. By filling out this application they will also decide if you will get a means tested bursary (depending on factors such as if you have been independent of your parents for 3 years or income etc). This is my understanding of it but I might be wrong! Watch this video below and it summarises it for you. ;
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/3947.aspx

I hope this helps.
Hi everyone, I've got an interview next week at Brunel for OT just for the BSc rather than the Masters. Can't find a thread for the BSc! Any tips for the interview?
Hey Claire it is my understanding that anyone that has an NHS funded place needs to have a NHS boss account. When you sign up you follow the instructions and fill out the application. This is to make sure that the NHS pays your fees but it also means you will get your non-means tested bursary. By filling out this application they will also decide if you will get a means tested bursary (depending on factors such as if you have been independent of your parents for 3 years or income etc). This is my understanding of it but I might be wrong! Watch this video below and it summarises it for you. ;
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/3947.aspx

I hope this helps.

Thanks Alice, Ill check that out :smile:
Reply 19
Hi everyone, just found this thread - I'm starting Brunel in September too! Very excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending