The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How can we stop unattractive men from giving women sexual attention?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TolerantBeing
I'm not condoning the OPs post, but a lot of guys do seem to have this thing about going for girls a lot better looking than them, I've seen it happen. It's obvious they are going to get turned down, especially in a club where personality means nothing, let's be honest. I just don't understand why they do it..

Clubs huh? I believe they call it Dutch courage m'lady.

Original post by Meyrin
"Women need to stop feeling so entitled!"

cried the socially awkward, self-loathing, needy, skinny undergrad male who spends his nights on TSR as he approached the hot blonde aerobics instructor with a double D chest and sneered at the other women.

What is this?! Summing a women up by the size of her breasts?! Women are more then sex objects you scoundrel! FEMINISTS, SOUND THE BRIGADE!.....though really DD isn't exactly large, with the average cup size being a D..or it was a couple years back anyhow. I'd have gone with F/FF to put the point across.

Also I object to your scenario, I do not believe the male would have had the confidence to approach this women. I would say that he would in fact complain that women like her judge him based on his looks and are shallow, when actually he's never approached them at all.

Anyway getting back on-topic. I would suggest that you do one of two things OP. Either when out clubbing try and get some pretty attractive guys (even if they're not your type) to stand chatting with you, this should deter the mongrels from approaching. Alternatively or along with option one, I would suggest donning this t-shirt to enforce your viewpoint..

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
Clubs huh? I believe they call it Dutch courage m'lady.

What is this?! Summing a women up by the size of her breasts?! Women are more then sex objects you scoundrel! FEMINISTS, SOUND THE BRIGADE!.....though really DD isn't exactly large, with the average cup size being a D..or it was a couple years back anyhow. I'd have gone with F/FF to put the point across.

Also I object to your scenario, I do not believe the male would have had the confidence to approach this women. I would say that he would in fact complain that women like her judge him based on his looks and are shallow, when actually he's never approached them at all.

Anyway getting back on-topic. I would suggest that you do one of two things OP. Either when out clubbing try and get some pretty attractive guys (even if they're not your type) to stand chatting with you, this should deter the mongrels from approaching. Alternatively or along with option one, I would suggest donning this t-shirt to enforce your viewpoint..

I suppose that's true.

Actually a DD on an aerobics instructors body would be pretty decent actually. Because she'd be thin... A D may be the British average, but considering the average dress size is a 16, that's not a surprise.

A D on a thin person and a D on a larger girl are two different things.
I suppose that's true.

Actually a DD on an aerobics instructors body would be pretty decent actually. Because she'd be thin... A D may be the British average, but considering the average dress size is a 16, that's not a surprise.

A D on a thin person and a D on a larger girl are two different things.

Oh yeah totally understand that, but apparently the rise in obesity wasn't the only factor. Yeah it contributes, but large busts with small back-sizes saw a significant rise as well, so breasts do seem to have gotten bigger in general as well. I'd assume it might be the same sort of logic as people are taller than their ancestors, puberty starts earlier etx, in that better nutrition causes most things to be able to develop to a fuller extent than they did on average when diets were restricted...or it could be the oestrogen in the water...and more phytoestrogens in our diets, dat soya. :s-smilie:

Yeah size 16 is the average, but you see so many size...god knows, 30+, women walking around, that I'd be interested to see what the mode size was, I think it would be more like 12?
Reply 43
Kill them.
maybe you've got ugly guys coming onto you because you're an ugly girl :lol:
What we always do, ignore them? :s-smilie:
Be firm and assertive - say no.

Follow your instincts and be more receptive when a man you like approaches, maybe even make a subtle 1st move.

NB. Never assume that you are unattractive because a move for an alpha male didn't work out - usually it is for reasons OTHER than you.

eg) for once I was well dressed (went to an interview) but very late, this gorgeous girl came up to me "asking " for directions, I literally had 0 time to anything other give directions BUT believe me I really fancied her.

There was nothing wrong with her whatsoever.
I get this all the time too OP. Like sometimes on the train when I'm wearing a low cut top, I'll get a really hot guy stare at me and it just makes my day, but sometimes some ugly creep looks at me and I just have to say that's disgusting. I wear these clothes to feel good not so he can look!!!
Original post by Riku
Kill them.

Finally, some real talk.
Original post by Spetznaaz
Rule number one of this here interwebs: Always read the thread title before posting.

Edit - Mirin' the commitment with regards to you not deleting the post :tongue:

It was incredibly tempting, but I figured the damage was done :P
I know, I was just being a pain.

I know you were. :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
I know you were. :tongue:

:h:
Original post by FriendlyLiberal
My friends and I keep getting harassed by creepy men, which makes us really uncomfortable. What can society do to stop this? :frown:

I am sorry you go through this but what you should be asking is "How can we stop people from giving others (or women) unwanted sexual attention?" Sadly, I don't have a fix for you as someone who suffers this too, but I think it's best to report this to people in power, or anyone who can help, and to look out for yourself and your friend(s) and spend as much time together as possible, don't go out alone etc.

I don't appreciate "unnattractive men" no man or woman should give anybody unwanted sexual attention, and whilst yes, women do suffer this horrifically, I think we need to stand up for everybody: women, men, non-binary, children etc, everybody who gets this attention.

I understand if this topic was a joke, maybe I'm not "reading it" correctly...

Latest

Trending

Trending