The Student Room Group

Assignment submitted 57 minutes late :(

Hi guys,
I am like totally stressing out right now. I had a law assignment of 2000 words due just two hours ago at 23:59 but instead of my stupidity of changing my laptop time like three days ago to an hour late for God knows what reason and forgetting about it. I submitted my assignment at 00:56. Then I checked my phone and had a heart attack nearly. After regaining my self now I am going to ask that is it going to be a problem. Is the University going to penalise me for 57 minutes late submission ?
Reply 1
Chances are, yes, but speak to your tutor about it. In all likelihood though, they won't accept your reason.
Reply 2
Original post by CJKay
Chances are, yes, but speak to your tutor about it. In all likelihood though, they won't accept your reason.

thank you for replying. But I still hope they accept it.
Original post by Rosie786
thank you for replying. But I still hope they accept it.

No excuses most of the time.

You'll get some sort of penalty.
Reply 4
Original post by tehforum
No excuses most of the time.

You'll get some sort of penalty.

like 5% off?
Reply 5
More than likely it'll get capped.

I'd send an email to the tutor, and plead a case. The worse that could happen is that your tutor will say no. However, the best that could happen is that your tutor may accept it as an on time submission, using their discretion. Of course your timing of submitting it nearly an hour late won't help your cause.

Just try. But learn for next time. And work extra hard on your other assignments to compensate.
Reply 6
Original post by KadeK
More than likely it'll get capped.

I'd send an email to the tutor, and plead a case. The worse that could happen is that your tutor will say no. However, the best that could happen is that your tutor may accept it as an on time submission, using their discretion. Of course your timing of submitting it nearly an hour late won't help your cause.

Just try. But learn for next time. And work extra hard on your other assignments to compensate.

The thing is that last semester I submitted my work 15 minutes late and then I forgot to do the bibliography but then submitted it 40 minutes late. I still got 80% and when I asked the teacher that did you receive my assignment late and the bibliography was in a separate email. He said the exam department forwarded him the email and it was all together. I hope it is the same this time and I get good grade.
Reply 7
The thing is that last semester I submitted my work 15 minutes late and then I forgot to do the bibliography but then submitted it 40 minutes late. I still got 80% and when I asked the teacher that did you receive my assignment late and the bibliography was in a separate email. He said the exam department forwarded him the email and it was all together. I hope it is the same this time and I get good grade.

Well, that's weird.....

but fortunate for you.

I hope your assignment is accepted as an "on-time" submission.
Reply 8
Original post by KadeK
Well, that's weird.....

but fortunate for you.

I hope your assignment is accepted as an "on-time" submission.

I hope so too and thank you for answering. :smile:

That is very strange at my university the time which you submit an assignment is logged and you are automatically capped at 40% even if you are only 1minute late.
hopefully it sounds as though at your university they are able to use some discretion however the fact that they have done so before might mean that they are less likely to. You have already been late once they can't keep letting you submit work late, deadlines are there for a reason.
There is no way your reason for being late would be accepted at my university but then again I would never get away with forgetting a bibliography or emailing it in separately either so who knows.

i do hope that it doesn't get cap I know those sort of things can be ultra frustrating.
I don't mean to scare you any more, but my friend thought she sent hers through turnitin but didn't receive the automatic confirmation and was still capped to 40%. She realised about 20 mins late and resubmitted the document, however it was seen as her fault despite the computer failure. They generally never overlook even a 1 min late submission but it sounds like your uni isn't so strict so maybe they'll be more lenient. Honestly best thing you can do is either wait it out and hope they don't notice the lateness or email and risk the marker noticing it but this way clarifying the problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Georgie_M
That is very strange at my university the time which you submit an assignment is logged and you are automatically capped at 40% even if you are only 1minute late.
hopefully it sounds as though at your university they are able to use some discretion however the fact that they have done so before might mean that they are less likely to. You have already been late once they can't keep letting you submit work late, deadlines are there for a reason.
There is no way your reason for being late would be accepted at my university but then again I would never get away with forgetting a bibliography or emailing it in separately either so who knows.

i do hope that it doesn't get cap I know those sort of things can be ultra frustrating.

Now i am scared. I am stressing out. Because this is the very last assignment of this semester.
Reply 12
Original post by Green Velvet
I don't mean to scare you any more, but my friend thought she sent hers through turnitin but didn't receive the automatic confirmation and was still capped to 40%. She realised about 20 mins late and resubmitted the document, however it was seen as her fault despite the computer failure. They generally never overlook even a 1 min late submission but it sounds like your uni isn't so strict so maybe they'll be more lenient. Honestly best thing you can do is either wait it out and hope they don't notice the lateness or email and risk the marker noticing it but this way clarifying the problem.

I rather stay quiet and hope they don't notice it. But that's kind of harsh about even one minute late can get you capped. Even though it was my fault but still i hope they overlook it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending