The Student Room Group

could someone help with my problem question

Philip, who has just died, was a successful business man with a valuable collection of antiques and oil paintings. He owned several boats, including a yacht and a power boat and was also the owner of riding stables which he ran as a business. The stables housed 15 horses belonging to him. His will made in October 2000 contains the following dispositions:

a.my most valuable antiques to such of my boating friends as my trustees shall select;

b.one of my boats to my sister Jan, whichever she shall select, and the other to my sister, Katie;

c.my art collection and my horses to my wife, Susan. I direct her to sell all the paintings and use the money to maintain my horses for the rest of their natural lives. If there is any money left over, I’d like her to use it for a useful memorial to myself;

d.the remainder of my estate to my trustees upon trust for them to apply for the benefit of the citizens of Birmingham.

Consider the validity of the above dispositions.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest