The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, but I did vaguely look at the requirements a while back. I absolutely love New Zealand! :biggrin:
Reply 2
LauraWalker
If the answer is yes then I have a few questions for you and will elloborate further. :smile:

Ask Chris when you see him.
Reply 3
If the question can wait there will be plenty of New Zealanders on the BCL to ask in person!
excellent. Yes I know a lecturer from NZ who is coming to Oxford in November and spent 5 years at Hull. I stood a good chance of getting a scholarship at a top NZ uni but then I was ill so I decided to spend a bit more time in England.

I have a good opportunity over there u see (non-legal) so I was looking at their professional schemes
Reply 5
Hello Laura,

I'm a New Zealander, and I've just finished the first semester at Auckland Uni doing a few interest papers, before I go up to Oxford to start my BA in Jurisprudence there. (incidently, I have an offer from St Hilda's!)

Obviously, I haven't practiced law, but I might be able (or find someone able) to answer your questions. Also, happy to answer general questions about NZ. :smile:
Reply 6
As you know, I practice in Oz. I don't know the entry requirements for NZ but know a number of the firms and a few Kiwis who work here in Sydney. Am happy to ask around if you have specific questions.

Needless to say, NZ is one of the most stunning countries on the planet - if you have a chance to go there then TAKE IT!!
I wonder whether I would have to do some sort of conversion course before their eqivalent of the LPC. I here and can see from photos that NZ is rather a stunning place. The British pound is relatively strong there too, and with there being more land housing is cheaper
Reply 8
LauraWalker
I wonder whether I would have to do some sort of conversion course before their eqivalent of the LPC. I here and can see from photos that NZ is rather a stunning place. The British pound is relatively strong there too, and with there being more land housing is cheaper

Learn agricultural law :wink:
Reply 9
LauraWalker

Laura, this page might help: http://www.nz-lawsoc.org.nz/oslpractisenzlaw.asp. Yes, NZ is stunning and the whole atmosphere of the place is also fantastic, with some of the friendliest people around.
That link is really helpful, thanks.

P.S Won't be on the TSR for a while, living in a hotel in Hull as part of a hockey camp and I doubt I'll have internet access. Then a couple of days and I am going to Oxford for a while
Reply 11
I'm currently a final year law student in NZ (University of Otago). I don't know much about overseas trained lawyers but I will be happy to answer any questions I can. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending