The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone worried about Physics? Worried's a bit of an understatement for me, lol.
The only reason I really studied in physics on the lead up to the exams (a total of 2 days) is so I never have to see questions on physics ever again!! That's how rubbish I am at it.

But, even though I'd personally be somehow satisfied with scraping a 'D' in AS, I get the impression that the universities I'l be applying to soon won't.

Hence why I'm panicking.
Reply 2
have u considered resitting
Reply 3
yeah, I guess there's always re-sits if anything goes disastrously wrong.
How much do you have to pay for resits, anyway?
Reply 4
think its about £20 aint it, varies though. i hated the physics exam. im doing aqa btw, how about you
Reply 5
lol- I'm doing Edexcel Salters horners (joy)

Trouble is I didn't do maths at AS, so I was struggling from the start really.
Reply 6
I was hungover for the Physics modules 2 + 3.

(It was my birthday okay!)

Module 3 surprisingly went well (Astrophyics) - but that might of been because my head was in the stars.

Module 2 I just kept laughing to myself about how stupid I was being noticing some of the most silly mistakes - but I dread to think how many remian....

Did module 1 in January and got 89/90 so hopefully that should bump it all up :smile:
Reply 7
ah yes, physics...
Atleast after the results, I wont have to sit a physics exam again! (hopefully!:biggrin:)
Andy H - You complete waster :p:

And yes, my Physics result is probably the determining factor of where I end up next year, so am a tad worried.
Reply 9
i did all the 3 MODULES in june.. that was hard.. i think i hav to resit in jan... but i hav to wait for da result..
Reply 10
suzz i agree with ya girl.
I did Module 1 in January, expected to get an E, and my UMS came out at 65/90, which is the equivalent to 72% (B).

I need an 'A' for Physics, on account of me wanting to study it at university, the thing that worries me is that I would have to average 76/90 on both modules to get an A grade, and I don't know if I've acheived it or not.
Reply 12
bascialy ive ****ed up and i hope my cwork gets me a c. but i kno ive got a d or an e
Physics decides where im going too...which isnt a good thing:confused:

Unit 11 was a sucker! Half of the stuff i was like :eek: Just hoping the man up stairs is looking out for me and has managed to give my paper to an examiner who just won the lottery before marking my paper:p:

Well good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 14
Anyone do ocr physics A papers A2?
I'm worried too. I did OCR Advancing Physics AS Level.

I remember one paper going fine and the other going awfully. I just hope so much that I get an A because I want to do Physics or NatSci at uni so my grade for this is really important!
afcwill
Anyone do ocr physics A papers A2?

I did, how did you find them?
Reply 17
I'm not anymore. I found out a few days ago that I got an A. :smile:
BTW, before you panic and think that results have been released...I live in the US and gave my A-Levels via CIE and they release results early.
Reply 18
tom the mathematician
I did, how did you find them?

quite difficult actually. i found the Forces, Fields & Energy quite hard and the unifying was a bit difficult as well i also did nuclear and particle for the option topic and i think i messed up the last question. for the unifying can u remember the 1st question about using weighing scales, 2m tape measure and a stopclock - well i looked at the forum on TSR after the exam and a few people didnt use that equipment! i hope they bring the grade boundaries down a bit because i desperately need a C, im hoping to do physics at university. :biggrin:
Reply 19
KAISER_MOLE

And yes, my Physics result is probably the determining factor of where I end up next year, so am a tad worried.

Not STEP then? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending