The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think Islam should be banned in the UK

Scroll to see replies

No, that would not be fair at all. It is only the extremists which cause problems.

I don't have any problems with people practising religion as long as they don't impose it on me.
what a ridiculous question!
Original post by pane123
Oh, is Islam not a human creation?

Who am I degrading? I'm sure most Muslims are good people, but their beliefs are determined by a 1,400 year old book which preaches hate.

I am sure many of them struggle with their beliefs, but the Quran is the word of God. I feel sorry for them.

So is the bible sir
Original post by Rosie786
That is not the answer to the question I asked you. Regardless of Islam being a human creation or not but how come you have a problem with Islam but not Muslims as you claimed Islam is a human creation and hence it is created by Muslims? I do not see your logic

You do not have to feel sorry for any of them because if they are happy with their religion and it is not causing you any trouble then what are you so upset about?

Nobody knows the exact origins of Islam but hating today's Muslims because of something people did that long ago would be stupid. Islam was spread through violence and I have no doubt that I would be Muslim, were I unfortunate enough to grow up in that part of the world.

I notice you have joined the Islamic society. Are you Muslim? If so, I would like to know your views on homosexuality. We live in a country in which homosexuals are equal to everyone else. How do you feel about this?
Original post by hellodave5
So is the bible sir

No it isn't.
Original post by pane123
No it isn't.

The bible is a storybook, that preaches specific rules. Very arbitrary ones at that.
Original post by hellodave5
The bible is a storybook, that preaches specific rules. Very arbitrary ones at that.

It's not the word of God, though.
Original post by pane123
It's not the word of God, though.

I just mean to say that all religions at the extreme are the same. Terrible.
In the name of a non-evident 'god'.
Reply 49
Original post by pane123
Nobody knows the exact origins of Islam but hating today's Muslims because of something people did that long ago would be stupid. Islam was spread through violence and I have no doubt that I would be Muslim, were I unfortunate enough to grow up in that part of the world.

I notice you have joined the Islamic society. Are you Muslim? If so, I would like to know your views on homosexuality. We live in a country in which homosexuals are equal to everyone else. How do you feel about this?

Even if I'm a non muslim does it not give me the right to know about their religion. I want to know.
I will not be a bigot like you are being. I have an open mind
Why are you so into gay rights. Are you gay? I can ask you the same type of questions that you are asking me.
We also live in a country where there is a freedom of religion. What are your views on that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Current war zones:

5847_THUMB_IPAD.jpg

Map of Islam:

muslim_2000_final.jpg

Oh look they're similar....
What kind of religion eats according to this:

Wikipedia
Specifically, the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must precede the slaughter by invoking the name of Allah, most commonly by saying "Bismillah" ("In the name of God") and then three times "Allahu akbar" (God is the greatest). Then, the animal must be slaughtered with a sharp knife by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck (while the animal is conscious), causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord. Lastly, the blood from the veins must be drained.

Think that pretty much confirms the stone-age mentality of Islam....
The amount of religion bashing I see on these threads is shocking. Yes I am a muslim but islam is not a political thing (person with the maps) but for most Muslims its just a way of life. Hate how the minority of extremists affect everyones views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if I'm a non muslim does it not give me the right to know about their religion. I want to know.
I will not be a bigot like you are being. I have an open mind
Why are you so into gay rights. Are you gay? I can ask you the same type of questions that you are asking me.
We also live in a country where there is a freedom of religion. What are your views on that?

The bit in bold doesn't make sense.

You can ask me the same type of questions but there seems to be a big difference: I will answer. No, I am not gay.

My views on freedom of religion are that a religion should be criticised if it promotes hatred, which Islam does. I chose to focus on homosexuality because it serves as a perfect example of how hateful Islam is and how ill-fitting it is in modern society.

So, what are your views on homosexuality? Remember you chose to follow Islam, gay people did not choose to be gay.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WesterosWildling
The amount of religion bashing I see on these threads is shocking. Yes I am a muslim but islam is not a political thing (person with the maps) but for most Muslims its just a way of life. Hate how the minority of extremists affect everyones views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Quran affects my views on Islam, not extremists.
Original post by pane123
I would suggest only a backward country would allow the practice of an ideology which contradicts tolerance.

At current rates, Britain will have a Muslim majority in about 50 years. No doubt you will find articles refuting this, but it will happen eventually. What will happen to homosexuals and women when that happens? What will happen to non-Muslims?

If you want answers then I suggest you look at Saudi Arabia.

Islam is a serious problem and an attitude like yours is dangerous.

How exactly do you action a ban on belief? You can meaningfully ban the outward manifestations of that belief, but you cannot ban a religious belief with any effect, you cannot see inside someone's head.
Reply 56
Original post by pane123
The bit in bold doesn't make sense.

You can ask me the same type of questions but there seems to be a big difference: I will answer. No, I am not gay.

My views on freedom of religion are that a religion should be criticised if it promotes hatred, which Islam does. I chose to focus on homosexuality because it serves as a perfect example of how hateful Islam is and how ill-fitting it is in modern society.

So, what are your views on homosexuality? Remember you chose to follow Islam, gay people did not choose to be gay.

I meant to say i am a non muslim but not ill minded as you are.
You are a islamaphob aren't you and they are homophobic so what difference is there? Which brings me back to the same point that you are a hypocrite.
And my moto is live and let live so does that answer your question on the topic of homosexuality ?
Original post by Le Nombre
How exactly do you action a ban on belief? You can meaningfully ban the outward manifestations of that belief, but you cannot ban a religious belief with any effect, you cannot see inside someone's head.

Of course you cannot ban belief in something but you can, like you say, ban the outward manifestations of that belief. If you want a blueprint on how to ban religion then just look to Saudi Arabia.
I meant to say i am a non muslim but not ill minded as you are.
You are a islamaphob aren't you and they are homophobic so what difference is there? Which brings me back to the same point that you are a hypocrite.
And my moto is live and let live so does that answer your question on the topic of homosexuality ?

What part of what I'm saying is it that you don't understand?

Islam is a human creation and subscribing to its teaching is a choice. Homosexuality is NOT a human creation and is NOT a choice.

There is nothing hypocritical about criticising a set of man made beliefs when those beliefs restrict the rights of people who are born a certain way.
Original post by pane123
Of course you cannot ban belief in something but you can, like you say, ban the outward manifestations of that belief. If you want a blueprint on how to ban religion then just look to Saudi Arabia.

But they haven't banned the religion, they've banned practicing it, but I'm sure most theists would say the core of their religion is the belief in God and whatever his teachings are, not the various ways they express that in public.

Latest

Trending

Trending