The Student Room Group

In such a mess - Failing first year

Hi guys, little bit of advice needed.

I am currently in my 1st year of uni and coming up to the exam period. At the start of the year in terms 1 and half of term 2 I was submitting all coursework and receiving 1st and 2:1 results from essays. Due to financial problems, I've had to work more or less full time to fund my studies since then and this has had a devastating effect on my work. Since then more or less all of my coursework has been 1/2 weeks late with results in the 40%/50% mark. I don't want to make any excuses and I take full responsibility for my negligence but are there any options open to me?

I still want to go ahead and sit my exams but I know 100% that I will be failing my first year.

I also have an outstanding essay due that is way beyond the deadline so no matter what I write I will receive 0%. Is there even any bother submitting it?

I know I sound like a right idiot but things have just gotten way out of hand for me and I really do still want to well if only I could be given a 2nd chance?
Original post by woozywam
Hi guys, little bit of advice needed.

I am currently in my 1st year of uni and coming up to the exam period. At the start of the year in terms 1 and half of term 2 I was submitting all coursework and receiving 1st and 2:1 results from essays. Due to financial problems, I've had to work more or less full time to fund my studies since then and this has had a devastating effect on my work. Since then more or less all of my coursework has been 1/2 weeks late with results in the 40%/50% mark. I don't want to make any excuses and I take full responsibility for my negligence but are there any options open to me?

I still want to go ahead and sit my exams but I know 100% that I will be failing my first year.

I also have an outstanding essay due that is way beyond the deadline so no matter what I write I will receive 0%. Is there even any bother submitting it?

I know I sound like a right idiot but things have just gotten way out of hand for me and I really do still want to well if only I could be given a 2nd chance?

make an appointment to see your tutor and find out what options you have for resitting the 0% module etc.
generally you need to just pass everything in y1 to progress but check your unis regulations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending