The Student Room Group

Is this all right progression

Hi, I've had about 14 hours of driving lessons (non outside lessons) and I'm pretty much keep driving around normally with a few stupid mistakes. But I've not been taught any manoeuvres yet (only reversed once when I took a wrong turn). Just wondering if this is normal and how long it takes to get good at them as I was to take my test as soon as possible. Thanks
Reply 1
That seems a little slow to me, I would have expected you to have started learning at least one manoeuvre by now. Perhaps ask on your next lesson if you could try a turn in the road (usually the easiest to learn).
Reply 2
Original post by Kovu07
That seems a little slow to me, I would have expected you to have started learning at least one manoeuvre by now. Perhaps ask on your next lesson if you could try a turn in the road (usually the easiest to learn).

Thanks for the reply il ask about them next lesson. but what do you mean by a turn in the road? Are you talking about just turning into a side road at 90' angles? (Sorry if that's a stupid question)
Original post by x E x
Thanks for the reply il ask about them next lesson. but what do you mean by a turn in the road? Are you talking about just turning into a side road at 90' angles? (Sorry if that's a stupid question)

Turn in the road is a 3 point turn, but it's referred to as a turn in the road because you're able to do it in more than 3 points should you need too.
Reply 4
Original post by S_Adriaan
Turn in the road is a 3 point turn, but it's referred to as a turn in the road because you're able to do it in more than 3 points should you need too.

Ohh ok thank you, hopefully il get to try it soon!
Reply 5
I've done about 10 lessons so far and I've done Dual Carriage way driving, overtaking and every manoeuvre apart from parallel parking. I have already have passed my motorbike test though.
Reply 6
Original post by adam271
I've done about 10 lessons so far and I've done Dual Carriage way driving, overtaking and every manoeuvre apart from parallel parking. I have already have passed my motorbike test though.

Thanks for the reply, when did you start doing the manoeuvres and how long does it take to get good at them? I've also done dual carrige ways and pretty much everything I consider normal driving, it's just that I've been doing the same thing now from the 5th lesson and really want to get the manoveures over!
Reply 7
Probably after the 6th lesson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending