The Student Room Group

"the SUNNI prayer test" Iraq

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
The only country i can think of that comes close is Iran.

And yes, the only questionable law is homosexuality, but i will openly say Islam is against homosexuality.

meh that doesnt really bother me, even common law countries can ban homosexuality. Iran bans alcohol etc again if people are in favour of it thats fine.

I disagree with Irans use of hanging and torture as part of its Criminal Justice System for minor offences.
Iran doesnt have freedom of speech or freedom of media. The Iranian Political System is inherently unstable the President and Supreme Leader do not get along and the Supreme Leader can just ignore the President.Banning Afghan immigrants from Parks. The heavy handed attitude of the basij police and training the taliban against US troops, shows Iran is just another country and no better than anyone else. Iran is not some peak of morality head and shoulders above everyone else.
Reply 81
These are not my words, but of a sunni scholar from al ahzar.

Yusri Rushdi al-Sayyid Jabr al-Husni, a Sunni Muslim religious scholar from the world's oldest and most prestigious Islamic school, the Honorable al-Azhar, has stated that Wahhabis who are also known by other names such as Salafis, Najdis, and Horners, are in fact the Horn of the Devil, a term used by the prophet Muhammad in reference to a
satanic faith that shall come out of Najd (Saudi Arabia).

He has yet to explain what a 'Wahhabi' is.

Whahhabi'ism is a 200 year old ideology, heavily influenced by the works of Ibn Taymiyyah.

Some things Ibn Taymiyyah said:

In his book, Minhaj al Sunnah, volume 4, page 255, let us see what he has to say about the enemies of Ahlul Bayt:

"The person who killed Umar was a kafir, and had utmost hate for the religion of Islam, and so he killed Umar out of the hatred he had for the Prophet and his ummah", alright, no problem, now let us see what he says next,

"and as for the one who killed Ali, he was a believer, and would pray, and fast, and recite the Quran, and he killed Ali believing that Allah and his Prophet would be very happy that he killed Ali, and he did it out of love for Allah and his Prophet but he made a mistake"

I know you Rafidah love abu lolo but he was a Kafir from the Persians.

Ibn Muljim was a khawarij who are the dogs of hell fire. They used to pray and do all the rituals (which is what Ibn Taymiyyah is saying ) but they were extreme in the deen and they killed the beloved Ali bin abi Talib (RadiAllahu anhu). The khawarij are criminals of the highest order and this is known.

A sunni sheikh of Al Ahzar university

[video="youtube_share;cF68my1oQXM"]http://youtu.be/cF68my1oQXM[/video]

I take my view from the Salaf.
Original post by AbuTSR

I know you Rafidah love abu lolo but he was a Kafir from the Persians.

Salamunalaykum,

Please refer to me as a muslim, or as a jafari/shia muslim please. I do not want you to be using derogatory remarks like that.

Ibn Muljim was a khawarij who are the dogs of hell fire. They used to pray and do all the rituals (which is what Ibn Taymiyyah is saying ) but they were extreme in the deen and they killed the beloved Ali bin abi Talib (RadiAllahu anhu). The khawarij are criminals of the highest order and this is known.

With regards to Abu Lulu, it was Ali a.s who was Umar's aid , and we have hadiths stating,'had it not been for Ali Umar would have perished'. This is the level of respect/need Umar has for Ali a.s If Ali a.s did not kill or attack Umar, no-one accepts his murder.

Shia's do not consider Uthman as one of the ones we follow, but it is a complete lie we love his killer. It was Imam Ali a.s who was protecting Uthman and sacrificing his own sons safety to provide for him.

It's a little strange why Aisha and Muawiyah decided to wage war on Imam Ali a.s together(making up the excuse he didn't care for Uthman), as well as Muawiyah on Imam Hassan a.s (forced him into giving peace treaty) as well as the son of Muawiya Yazid who was responsible for the Murder of Hussain a.s. Notice a pattern?

Now let's go back to Ibn Taymiyyah:

In his book, Minhaj al Sunnah, volume 4, page 255, let us see what he has to say about the enemies of Ahlul Bayt:

"The person who killed Umar was a kafir, and had utmost hate for the religion of Islam, and so he killed Umar out of the hatred he had for the Prophet and his ummah", alright, no problem, now let us see what he says next,

"and as for the one who killed Ali, he was a believer, and would pray, and fast, and recite the Quran, and he killed Ali believing that Allah and his Prophet would be very happy that he killed Ali, and he did it out of love for Allah and his Prophet but he made a mistake"

Imagine that. The one who killed Ali a.s would make the messenger of Allah swt happy! Imagine that! These are the words of Ibn Taymiyyah.

Ibn Taymiyyah heavily influenced the Wahhabi movement.

If i said -god forbid- the man who killed Abubakr would have pleased Muhammed pbuh, because he believed what he was doing was right, imagine the back-lash i would get.

But as it is about Ali a.s , a man who was cursed by Muawiyah/on every pulpit it's accepted.

I take my view from the Salaf.

I take my view from Muhammed pbuh and the ahlulbayt a.s transmitted through pious companions(r.a)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Ornlu
But that isn't Sharia Law - if they were accused of being enemies of an Islamic state, they would have to be tried.

This isn't uniformly codified in shari'ah and the narrative as reported by Islamic sources of both Muhammad, the salaf and later generations shows that many executions and punishments took place without a proper trial.
hmm
Reply 85
Salamunalaykum,

Please refer to me as a muslim, or as a jafari/shia muslim please. I do not want you to be using derogatory remarks like that.

With regards to Abu Lulu, it was Ali a.s who was Umar's aid , and we have hadiths stating,'had it not been for Ali Umar would have perished'. This is the level of respect/need Umar has for Ali a.s If Ali a.s did not kill or attack Umar, no-one accepts his murder.

Shia's do not consider Uthman as one of the ones we follow, but it is a complete lie we love his killer. It was Imam Ali a.s who was protecting Uthman and sacrificing his own sons safety to provide for him.

It's a little strange why Aisha and Muawiyah decided to wage war on Imam Ali a.s together(making up the excuse he didn't care for Uthman), as well as Muawiyah on Imam Hassan a.s (forced him into giving peace treaty) as well as the son of Muawiya Yazid who was responsible for the Murder of Hussain a.s. Notice a pattern?

Now let's go back to Ibn Taymiyyah:

Imagine that. The one who killed Ali a.s would make the messenger of Allah swt happy! Imagine that! These are the words of Ibn Taymiyyah.

Ibn Taymiyyah heavily influenced the Wahhabi movement.

If i said -god forbid- the man who killed Abubakr would have pleased Muhammed pbuh, because he believed what he was doing was right, imagine the back-lash i would get.

But as it is about Ali a.s , a man who was cursed by Muawiyah/on every pulpit it's accepted.

I take my view from Muhammed pbuh and the ahlulbayt a.s transmitted through pious companions(r.a)

I'll refer to you as a I see fit. I see you as someone who rejected the khilafa of the first Khulufa therefore you're a rafidhi.

As for what I've italicised, can you explain what you mean?

As for the bit in bold, you've gone off topic.

I think your hate sometimes affects your reading ability.

Abu lolo al Majusi was a kafir asli meaning he never embraced Islam. Do you agree with this?

As for ibn Muljim, he prayed and read the Qur'aan but he was from the khawariij. I don't see how you can dispute this unless you want to erase history? Ibn Taymiyyah said that ibn muljim did it BELIEVING that it was the right thing to do. We all know it wasn't and that the khawariij are the dogs of jahannam.

As for Abu Bakr, he died a natural death.

Can you show me evidences that Mu'awiyah used to curse Ali (RadiAllahu anhum) used to curse Ali on every pulpit?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by awais-iq
if your a Shiite living in iraq, it is advised that you learn the sunni prayers if your going to travel.

[video="youtube;BGLDq_KFOAI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLDq_KFOAI[/video]

blood thirsty savages!! kill them!! Drone strike them straight to hell!!

how sick are they? murdering innocent people because they don't adhere to the same cult as they do
Original post by AbuTSR
He has yet to explain what a 'Wahhabi' is.

i don't need to explain, i just watch endless videos or Wahhabi's causing chaos in the world which makes us Muslims suffer as you call yourselves Muslim and commit these sort of atrocious crimes giving the rest of the world a bad impression of Islam, sunni's and shias were living in peace until the west created this wahabi sect to divide the muslims.
Reply 88
Original post by awais-iqb
i don't need to explain, i just watch endless videos or Wahhabi's causing chaos in the world which makes us Muslims suffer as you call yourselves Muslim and commit these sort of atrocious crimes giving the rest of the world a bad impression of Islam, sunni's and shias were living in peace until the west created this wahabi sect to divide the muslims.

Interesting. So are you saying that you're able to watch a video and deduce from it if someone's a wahabi?

That's quite a skill.
Original post by AbuTSR
Asalamu alaykum.

Akhi, you're going to have to provide evidences for what you say. Have they clearly said this or is it just an assumption you've made?

I know of Shaykh Uthaymeen's (Rahimahullah) opinion on this which has been refuted but you made the claim that this particular group follows this opinion so you'll have to provide daleel.

:smile:
wa alykum salaam wr wb Akhi,

the proof is right there in that video bro or it maybe in a longer version of the video [available on youtube]; in it they question that 3 saying 'what are the alawites doing to sunni women and children in syria'?, mentioning some of the atrocities being commited against them, then they say 'Allah says fight the enemy as they fight you' implying they take it to mean, if enemy kill your civilians you kill theirs too, and then they proceed to kill those 3; also i've read up on al-qaida's 'rationale' for killing civilians on their site [available on the net] and they give same excuse, eye for an eye etc, plus in almost every one of their 'suicide videos' that targeted civilians] in the last 15 years they basically say the same.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending