The Student Room Group

What subject do you hate the most?

Scroll to see replies

I hate spanish sooo much or maybe it is the teacher that i hate. English could be boring sometimes but i cant hate it coz it a very important subject and i need to like it if u want to go to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinababy
Haha :biggrin: that's such a wee shame!:frown: I love french cos you can do most of the preparation before the exams. And language s really useful.
Supposedly if you're good at maths you should be good at languages. I guess I'm kinda like that :wink: What are you studying at school the now?

I'm sitting:
Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I totally agree. I love maths. It gets u thinking and solving and by the way it is a very important subject to pass if u want to go to uni. if u might just pay attention.and really concentrate hard, it would be easy peasy! GO MATHS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am going to sit those subjects too. How is it?. People say it is very challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry is complicated especially geting the equations for the elements right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY😠😠

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TracyEmu
I am going to sit those subjects too. How is it?. People say it is very challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not too bad, just stay on top of your subjects throughout the year, ie re write notes as you go through the year and put them in a folder (biology in particular), make sure you understand what you are learning. Also go to supported studies etc if you need to (I went to chemistry as I was very confused with some things)
I would then say when it comes towards the prelims you just need to start working on past papers. You should then do well in them (don't do the whole "prelims don't matter" because it makes the real exams so much easier) because it's just applying your knowledge to the exams.

Then after the prelims try to keep up the past papers, this is when you will do your most important studying as there's not a lot of time during study leave. I personally struggled with English but I think I done really well in the final exam (I'm not one of those "maths" type of people as people say), my advice for it is just understand the basic formulas for answering each type of question

Apologies for the essay but please don't think you have to sacrifice your life, I remember getting into an argument with my head of year because he claimed you had to do four hours a night from the start of the year (you absolutely dont, if you re write your notes and keep them up to date every week or so)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
I'm sitting:
Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in s4 and this year i did
Maths
English
Chemistry
Biology
History
French
Graphics

Its a shame tho that we werent allowed triple science cos i had to suffer history for a year longer :s-smilie:

Next year in s5 im doing higher
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
French
Spanish

Im dropping english cos i hate it with a passion (but im not bad at it, well predicted an a this year anyway) and id love to do spanish since i like languages and i kno english so why not learn a new language.

What r u going to do at uni? From ur subjects im guessing probably medicine but maybe engineering? ;p
OMG!! i kno exactly what you mean about english! :biggrin: Im not to bad at it ( well predicted a) but I hate it sooooooooo much. I'm actually dropping it at higher for spanish!!! hola!:biggrin:

I fell in love with it in Standard Grade but hated it every other year. I realised as soon as I got into higher that I just liked the teacher. He's the one who managed to convince me to not drop out of higher. I'm right there with you, predicted A (although the CE paper was not for my texts at all).

Yes, drop it drop it drop it. I've heard from my friends that higher languages are much more fun anyway. Have fun with Spanish next year, I envy you. xD
Original post by GoldenAge
I fell in love with it in Standard Grade but hated it every other year. I realised as soon as I got into higher that I just liked the teacher. He's the one who managed to convince me to not drop out of higher. I'm right there with you, predicted A (although the CE paper was not for my texts at all).

Yes, drop it drop it drop it. I've heard from my friends that higher languages are much more fun anyway. Have fun with Spanish next year, I envy you. xD

Haha thanx :P i was actually having an internal battle if i should change back to english but i think i will stick with spanish cos i dont want next year to be as good and stress free as possible and it will be far more fun. Thanks for cheering me up! :smile:
Biology urrrghhhh, so gross and bluh
Haha thanx :P i was actually having an internal battle if i should change back to english but i think i will stick with spanish cos i dont want next year to be as good and stress free as possible and it will be far more fun. Thanks for cheering me up! :smile:

I totally understand that. I was thinking of going on and doing AH but then I remembered spending the first month and a half of higher literally in tears because I was so stressed out.

Haha, and no problem. :smile:
Im in s4 and this year i did
Maths
English
Chemistry
Biology
History
French
Graphics

Its a shame tho that we werent allowed triple science cos i had to suffer history for a year longer :s-smilie:

Next year in s5 im doing higher
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
French
Spanish

Im dropping english cos i hate it with a passion (but im not bad at it, well predicted an a this year anyway) and id love to do spanish since i like languages and i kno english so why not learn a new language.

What r u going to do at uni? From ur subjects im guessing probably medicine but maybe engineering? ;p

Those sound like good subjects to me! Nah I decided against medicine, everyone is always like "just go be a doctor it's a good job good pay etc" but I hate the sound of it. I really love learning so I decided I'd try a science degree, I also decided against engineering because I don't really enjoy mechanics (which is all engineering is) and find it boring (astrophysics or astronomy so sound cool though). So I'm basically deciding between biology or chemistry for uni, Virology sounds really interesting! I think I'll apply to that, I also think I'll apply to biochemistry and chemistry with medicinal chemistry. I just really want to be involved in research and really cutting edge stuff but not sure how to get there haha

Do you know what you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology.

Actually, I don't think it's the actual subject, but rather the AQA board and what we need to know for the exams. There's just too much to learn for one exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hated Religious Education. I'd rather have spent that time on another subject that I would have actually enjoyed.
Original post by ChrissyH
Maths. It destroys civilisation(s).

It's thanks to maths that you're able to post this message!
Original post by LostGear
It's thanks to maths that you're able to post this message!

Among other things. Besides, have you not seen the civilisation destroying debate on the Higher Maths thread? Point made.
Original post by ChrissyH
Among other things. Besides, have you not seen the civilisation destroying debate on the Higher Maths thread? Point made.

I wouldn't call it a civilisation destroying debate haha just a lot of passionate people with opinions :smile:

I hate history and chemistry - could never wrap my head around them
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Those sound like good subjects to me! Nah I decided against medicine, everyone is always like "just go be a doctor it's a good job good pay etc" but I hate the sound of it. I really love learning so I decided I'd try a science degree, I also decided against engineering because I don't really enjoy mechanics (which is all engineering is) and find it boring (astrophysics or astronomy so sound cool though). So I'm basically deciding between biology or chemistry for uni, Virology sounds really interesting! I think I'll apply to that, I also think I'll apply to biochemistry and chemistry with medicinal chemistry. I just really want to be involved in research and really cutting edge stuff but not sure how to get there haha

Do you know what you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is exactly what I want to do! Taking the same subjects that you have done for fifth year as well :smile: Always wanted to be involved in the research side of science, especially genetic engineering or infectious diseases, which I find really interesting. I also decided against medicine as I wouldn't be able to cope with the stress haha :biggrin: Have you done any work experience? Struggling to find anything relevant atm :frown:
Original post by chopinfan
This is exactly what I want to do! Taking the same subjects that you have done for fifth year as well :smile: Always wanted to be involved in the research side of science, especially genetic engineering or infectious diseases, which I find really interesting. I also decided against medicine as I wouldn't be able to cope with the stress haha :biggrin: Have you done any work experience? Struggling to find anything relevant atm :frown:

Don't worry I don't think you actually need too much, I'd apply to the Nuffield scheme next year as that's amazing and as far as I'm aware I got a placement doing something related to life sciences at Glasgow uni during the summer :biggrin:

I would also recommend reading books like "power sex suicide, the mitochondria and the meaning of life" or "oxygen" by nick Lane that would look good. I also managed to get a visit to research Lab in France because my dad's friend. (We were on holiday but it still counts surely)

The only work experience I've done at the moment was in an opticians and wow was that the worst week of my life haha

Just focus on the grades and worry about the rest afterwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending