The Student Room Group

Failing/Failed my Foundation in Art and Design

So basically i started off the year being really confident that things were going to go well. But i never met a deadline and i think i was a bit too cocky and thought i could breeze through it like i did in my graphics a level where i got an A. So i was wondering if anyone has failed their foundation course in art but still managed to get into a okay uni? I really want to retake the course but since im not 18 anymore i would have to pay about 4000 pounds. Which means id have to take another year out again! Please help! and if i go through clearing will they be like no tough luck???? HEELLLLLPPPPP!!!
Have you actually failed the course or do you just think you have? Try talking to your tutors about it if you haven't officially failed yet.
I've never heard of anyone actually failing and at least where I am the tutors have said it's practically impossible to fail.
Reply 2
Well, do you have a portfolio? I thought that was basically the whole point of Art Foundation and what admissions tutors would want to look at.
Reply 3
Yup, was in the same situation, rushed it and never bothered with anything in general, was a dumb kid and made foolish mistakes, dropped off the course because the situation at home was not good either. I took a year out and volunteered/got a job. I applied for year 0 courses this year and got 3 offers.

After thinking back at it I would recommend taking some time to think it through and then making a decision, you either spend a year out (a lot of people told me not to) or you apply for a foundation/year 0. Even if deadlines have passed some unis will have spaces, you need to contact them directly or wait for clearing.

Also don't stress out, I know its hard but its the worst thing you can do right now and it'll make it harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in this exact same situation right now. I'm not enjoying my course and the college it's at paired with **** happening at home and I'm doing really badly. My deadline is tomorrow, and I'm trying to figure out what the bare minimum I can do by then to pass is.

This sucks
Reply 5
So what happened in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest