The Student Room Group

Any mild anxiety medication? Tranquilizers

Okay so my anxiety is really taking a toll on me recently due to exams and especially as they are A2's I dont want to do bad. Just wondering whether anyone knows any mild (not addicting) tablets or whatever I can take maybe like 2 or 3? Because I searched online and there is all these names and I have no idea... I have been through CBT and counselling but its not really helping :s-smilie: Preferably if I can buy is at Tesco/Sainsburys would be great :biggrin:
You can take some herbal sleeping pills. Just take a smaller dose than recommended on the packet and they should calm you down somewhat. Take a test dose at the weekend though so you know how it will effect you before you go into an exam after taking them. You don't want to fall asleep in your exam!

When I had problems sleeping and took them I found I had to take more the recommended dose to get anything from them anyway. But then perhaps I have a high tolerance to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
DL phenylalanine from bulkpowders, I can get you a special discount if you're interested. It's the only over the counter medication that's proven to work.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/dl-phenylalanine.html
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so my anxiety is really taking a toll on me recently due to exams and especially as they are A2's I dont want to do bad. Just wondering whether anyone knows any mild (not addicting) tablets or whatever I can take maybe like 2 or 3? Because I searched online and there is all these names and I have no idea... I have been through CBT and counselling but its not really helping :s-smilie: Preferably if I can buy is at Tesco/Sainsburys would be great :biggrin:

The only things for anxiety you'll get OTC will be things like rescue remedy (which don't work for me, unfortunately). I'm assuming if you've had CBT for it, then you have pretty awful anxiety, and rescue would just be a waste of money.
Reply 4
ive been through CBT too, and the only thing ive had that worked to some extent is Kalms; cheap, shop bought remedy- best advice i'd give is make sure you sleep plenty and drink a lot of fluids, have that one person you can talk to about it all and believe it or not it'll help
:console:

Quick Reply

Latest