The Student Room Group

The Mirror amongst other people lie about Jeremy Clarkson muttering 'the N word'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArtGoblin
No, my sense of humour is more sophisticated than "lol poor people/black people/women/disabled people" (delete as appropriate).

I am pretty sure most people have more sophisticated humour than that. And that is not what Clarkson ever jokes about.
It's a barely audible word, which we can't even be sure was the word it's accused of being, in a context that's not aiming abuse or anything at anyone. Racism is an important issue but this smacks of people actively searching for something to be offended about.

And even more ludicrous is the stuff in the article accusing him of being racist for naming his new dog, which happens to have black fur, Didier Dogba. The insinuation there is that it's racist to use the name of a black person anywhere in connection with things that are black in colour, no matter how coincidental. The guy is a Chelsea fan, it's hardly surprising that he wants to name his pet using a pun on one of their greatest players.

Most of these are jokes.

The Mexican one makes no sense because they regularly do the same thing with Americans. I hate the Guardian for ignoring things like this.
8i2fh.JPG
I'm a bit sick of everyone going berserk over the word '******', especially when white people say it.
Reply 25
Jeremy is a racist, homophobic, right-wing **** anyway. I wouldn't put the use of the word past him.
I'm just gonna say it.
yes he mightve used the N word.
and thats disrespectful.
but what is so bad about that....
shouldnt they be concentrating on more important things....
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I'm just gonna say it.
yes he mightve used the N word.
and thats disrespectful.
but what is so bad about that....
shouldnt they be concentrating on more important things....

Catch a ****** by the toe seems quite racist.

I think with the history of the word/rhyme and probably since they used to cut black people's toes. Talking about toes and catching people by their toe is quite racist tbh.
Original post by ArtGoblin
He's made a career out of saying offensive things about minority groups. He was clearly mumbling the word so that people filled in the gap in their minds so although he didn't actually say it he was trying to cause offence. Someone picked up on it and he got the controversy he craves.

This.
Original post by learningrussian
I'm a bit sick of everyone going berserk over the word '******', especially when white people say it.

Considering the history of that rhyme has racist roots, I think there's a difference between somebody accidentally saying the word ****** as a slip of tongue and saying that in a rhyme with clearly racist roots.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarksons-9-most-outspoken-3480134

Yeah, he's quite obviously a racist who should be banned off TV.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by the mezzil
If you don't find him funny go and watch SpongeBob, that's a nice politically correct programme for a child like you!

I remember hearing that in America, some right-wing people tried taking SpongeBob off the air because they thought he was gay...
Original post by The Socktor
I remember hearing that in America, some right-wing people tried taking SpongeBob off the air because they thought he was gay...

But that is Americans. They are weird people.
Original post by The Socktor

:rofl:

Some right wingers are just ridiculous.
Jeremy Clarkson is a well known bigot ,racist and closet white supremacists.

He is known to refuse to shake hands with black membres of the audience
Original post by James222

I can't say that I'm surprised here if that is true.
Original post by jam277
Considering the history of that rhyme has racist roots, I think there's a difference between somebody accidentally saying the word ****** as a slip of tongue and saying that in a rhyme with clearly racist roots.

My post wasn't specifically directed towards this incident, rather the general social outrage and I still think this time it's going too far. But you're right though, there is a clear difference.

That sounds a bit hard to believe, do you have a source?

You have any evidence of that?

I'm interested tbh.
Original post by learningrussian
My post wasn't specifically directed towards this incident, rather the general social outrage and I still think this time it's going too far. But you're right though, there is a clear difference.

Most people I know are defending him. Only on forums am I seeing people actually saying he's a racist etc.

He's been known to make controversial racial opinions before for a cheap laugh so I won't put this past him.
(edited 9 years ago)
If the rhyme was said decades ago it doesn't make it right

People are only defending Clarkson because they like him because he's "sooo funny and anti-PC", if it was someone else they didn't like they'd say he did say the n-word. Picking and choosing

It drives me crazy when people take stuff way out of context. On that One Show interview he wasn't seriously saying he wanted the strikers shot, he said he supported them, then said because it'e the BBC he had to balance what he was saying so he jokingly said they should be shot. Incredibly biased articles like that one you linked that only show the second part of what he said and twist it to make it sound like he meant that are immoral and Clarkson should have sued them for libel.

Here's the full part of that interview for context: [video="youtube;WN72DAlhovY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN72DAlhovY[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending