The Student Room Group

Planning to take a pretty unemployable course...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Do you really think its worth going uni though ? It depends what you plan on being but as mentioned you may end up in a job where it isnt even needed , tuition fees are higher then ever as is the cost of living so you may be spending thousands of pounds on uni when you could have been years ahead in your career.

Because I feel like my chances are even worse without a degree. I mean I haven't had any job experience at all yet; I have tried but I haven't had much luck. I just want to try uni and see what happens.
Original post by EllieC130
Because I feel like my chances are even worse without a degree. I mean I haven't had any job experience at all yet; I have tried but I haven't had much luck. I just want to try uni and see what happens.

Fair enough , i also plan doing a competitive degree which isn't STEM so I know what your going through .

Its a big decision though , not one you can simply "try" , 3 years down the drain with a huge debt on your back because you "felt like" doing something , only to be a drop in the ocean of undergraduates with the same degree who can't get employed ?

Spoiler

Its why im taking a gap to try and gain experience in my field , and make the big decision , i'd advise you to do the same but you already mentioned you can't .

Best of luck ! I'd also advise you to audition , audition , audition if acting is your call ,

Quick Reply

Latest