The Student Room Group

Smear test

I have a smear test coming up and have read that some women bleed afterwards. Has this happened to anyone who's had a smear before? How long did the bleeding last?
Original post by Hexagon1992
I have a smear test coming up and have read that some women bleed afterwards. Has this happened to anyone who's had a smear before? How long did the bleeding last?

Its very unlikely that you will bleed afterwards and if you do its likely to be light spotting.

Its literally just a swab of the cervix.. if you're quite close to your period it might start it off but again thats very unlikely... if you're sexually active and don't have any trouble with bleeding I think you will be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Hexagon1992

I had some spotting after I had my first smear test, it only lasted a few hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I bled after my second smear, I was horrified at first but was just the initial spotting then it was fine!
I never bled, I think that's only if you're sexually inactive. It hurt for me though.
I didn't bleed, however, it was really painful for me. But that's probably only me and my messed up reproductive organs. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by xtinalouise
I never bled, I think that's only if you're sexually inactive. It hurt for me though.

I wasn't a virgin when I had mine, wasn't sexually active at the time though

@OP: request that your doctor/nurse uses a plastic spectrum, much more comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest