Scroll to see replies

Original post by zaback21
You do lack sense of humour :tongue: :rofl:

Sorry internet is full of wacko ideas
Hard to tell jokes from reality
Original post by James222
Sorry internet is full of wacko ideas
Hard to tell jokes from reality

I know, I don't blame you. At least you were being nice about it. Some people would be all over me to say it even if I said it as a joke.
Original post by revron77
There is one key differencebetween men and women. Now you may have not known this since it appears you fell asleep in biology class. BUT let me remind you... the difference is that women... HAVE boobs and men... DO NOT HAVE boobs.

Now considering this. The ban is on women showing their boobs, not chests. NOW till men begin developing boobs. There is no reason to ban men from taking their top off in public places.

A woman can show her chest all she wants in public (Chest being that thing between your boobs and neck) NOW if you really hate chests that much! You could get showing your chest banned all together and while your at it... people kiss eachothers necks too! Thats sexual! Why dont you ban necks while your at it! I'm sure the turtle neck companies would be highly supportive of your valiant to spread equality no matter the cost or personal freedom!

No, no, no: everyone HAS breasts, women have more developed/fuller breasts.

Using a slippery slope to disregard the OP's argument is a poor move from you.

To OP: As a feminist/egalitarian, I do kinda understand your point, but I don't really think its right to remove that right for men, but instead you should try and promote more women to feel comfortable in walking around in a bikini, which is, guaranteed, a harder thing to achieve. I feel like this is not an important issue that needs to be tackled, however: you made the point about men complaining about women showing their cleavage at the gym, when they themselves are topless and I agree with this, men are hypocrites if they do that!
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe I have led a sheltered life, but I have been a member of four gyms over the years and have never seen a man training topless. He would get laughed at I woud think.
Cleavage on the other hand is frequently on show.
Having said that the ones with it on show is usually the type of women who sit side by side on bikes while having a conversation while training so hard that they arent out of breath.
May have been said already, but I wonder if OP would be as disgusted if it was a topless Abercrombie and Fitch model sat next to her on the tube.
I used the term boobs rather than breasts because boobs describe female breasts.

You claimed your logic was scientific, but "boobs" isn't a scientific term, so I was rectifying the mistake
No. This is a stupid idea. This isn't some sort of revolutionary idea for equality either. Some of you feminists are always nitpicking the stupid little things rather than tackling the problems at large - e.g. women's rights in saudi arabia. But I guess for a movement so ineffective like feminism (in my personal opinion), its the best you guys can really do :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Could we not use a similar argument to ban skirts, low cut tops, high heels, makeup...
Reply 48
This is weird. In all my life, I've never seen a shirtless man walking around in public in this country, not even once.

If the man isn't fat r flabby, and if he's got some muslce on, then I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It's completely non-sexualised, nothing sexual about it. However, the same doesn't apply to women. Any woman who wears just a bra/bikini in public is a first class slut. Any woman who wears a small skirt or shows a lot of cleavage (or any kind of revealing slutty clothing) is, once again, a great big slut. It's very different for men and women. When women do it, it's because they want to send a message that they're cheap and willing to do anything to put out. When men go around without a shirt on, it's because they want to display some muscle, I don't see anything wrong with that. If you're strong, why not show it off?
Original post by justanotherposter
If the 'popular' theme park is Adventure Island then I guarantee it is a publicity stunt, the place is rubbish and definitely isn't popular, the only decent thing there is the minigolf. I've gotten onto the biggest ride in under a minute before, and there weren't enough people to fit the rollercoaster to capacity. If it's sunny it will shut at 9pm but if it's slightly cold then it will shut at about 4pm, you wouldn't see Alton Towers pulling that kind of

:rofl: Adventure Island is an absolute ****hole.

Summer wouldn't be summer without a bit of Southend beach though :tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stinkum
This is weird. In all my life, I've never seen a shirtless man walking around in public in this country, not even once.

If the man isn't fat r flabby, and if he's got some muslce on, then I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It's completely non-sexualised, nothing sexual about it. However, the same doesn't apply to women. Any woman who wears just a bra/bikini in public is a first class slut. Any woman who wears a small skirt or shows a lot of cleavage (or any kind of revealing slutty clothing) is, once again, a great big slut. It's very different for men and women. When women do it, it's because they want to send a message that they're cheap and willing to do anything to put out. When men go around without a shirt on, it's because they want to display some muscle, I don't see anything wrong with that. If you're strong, why not show it off?

The North. Go there. Around me if it's above circa 15 degrees the local Asda is rammed with guys with their shirts off/girls in just bikini tops.

Also, any bodybuilding-y gym will have guys training topless in summer.

On your last point, if you're putting the hours in it should be pretty obvious in a t-shirt or vest, if you need to get your top off to show muscle you need to so dome more lifting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
InB4 someone makes a comment about nanny state or dictatorship...
Oh I'm too late

I don't like seeing shirtless men in public, but to ban it is going pretty far. It is a display of masculinity, but its self-defeating as it simply proves they're probably vain.
Just get over it.

Girls can wear crop tops and stupidly short skirts/shorts. If a guy is hot and wore stuff like that he would be subjected to so much hate, get called gay, etc.
Original post by Queen Lupita
Given all the "I'm a humanist, I love equality but hate feminism" dudebros on here, you should be for the equal law of men and women covering up or uncovering in public, right?

A recent ban on shirtless men in a popular theme park has been introduced, and I agree with this if women are also mandated to do the same. But just think of all the places where this isn't equal.

I feel like men use their shirtlessness as a masculine trait to try and dominate public spaces with showing off and doing something women can't partake in, kinda of like how men used beards to codify a distinctly male appearance when other traditional markers of masculinity were no longer stable or certain. I've even had shirtless guys on the tube sit next to me during the summer, this one guy's legs splayed out so I had to cross mine yet he's still taking up so much space his knee is brushing against me and has the audacity to put his arm behind me instead of his lap. These are all arrogant ways that boys are taught to be masculine and dominate public spaces that often result in our discomfort and subordination.

There's really no reason women can't go shirtless but men can, both are sexualised. So don't tell any women to cover up their cleavage when you likely take your shirt off any chance you can get and spend hours in the gym trying to get a body we won't laugh at.

Articles:
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/01/the-racially-fraught-history-of-the-american-beard/283180/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/19/right-ban-men-topless-essex-funfair-man-boobs

This is a completely backwards argument, why should women NOT be allowed to go shirtless???

What is the worlds problem with nudity...
Reply 54
I think there's a time and place. When I see bare-chested men in the high street, I find it really bad taste and uncivilised. It looks stupid and incongruous. In the park or at the beach, no problem at all.
Original post by Queen Lupita
"These are all arrogant ways that boys are taught to be masculine and dominate public spaces that often result in our discomfort and subordination."

I've never been in one of these classes, normally men take their shirts off because they are hot.
Personally, I find disgusting and I'd rather not have to look at middle aged men walking around topless in places such as supermarkets (they all seem to do it near me).
However, it's their choice and if they want to do it, it's their choice.
This is the kind of things feminists complain about.

They always want to ban things i.e restrict people freedom.

And the arguments are always so illogical.. OP, as someone has already said, Women show way more flesh in general than men, you love, are ridiculous.
Ridiculous. Why do we insist on sexualising non-sexual body parts? We're turning into Saudi ****ing Arabia.

Lets take a step in the right direction instead of the wrong direction. Only genitals need be covered. Going topless should be fine for either sex.
Well till men begin producing estrogen which enlarge our breasts and can produce milk also use it for other purposes... they are not the same anatomically.

True, but I was refuting your use of "boobs" :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending