The Student Room Group

Anyone taken a second undergraduate degree?

Long story short, I got into City university to study Speechand Language Therapy Bsc in London, after already having a Bsc Hons in Psychology (I didnt get into the Msc for Speech and Language Therapy for 2014 entry). So now I dont know whether to wait a furtheryear, try to gain more experience try to get onto a Msc in Speech Therapy or goahead and do the undergrad. I am a little hesistant because undergrad is 4years..I will be 27 by the time I graduate. But if I wait for the Msc, I maynot get in again.

I just dont know what would be for the best! Any help wouldbe appreciated. Especially if anyone does any of these courses or has been inthe same situation as me.
Thank you in advance!!
I don't think I would be particularly keen on doing another bachelor's degree. Do you know why your application for the MSc at City wasn't successful? Would it be worth considering other universities? Some universities don't fill up places on their masters courses until quite late in the summer. If you look around you may still be able to find a place for 2014 entry. If not, I wold get more relevant work experience and reapply for 2015 with a better application to City and other universities as well. You would be saving a lot more money and time this way.
Original post by sbrad
Long story short, I got into City university to study Speechand Language Therapy Bsc in London, after already having a Bsc Hons in Psychology (I didnt get into the Msc for Speech and Language Therapy for 2014 entry). So now I dont know whether to wait a furtheryear, try to gain more experience try to get onto a Msc in Speech Therapy or goahead and do the undergrad. I am a little hesistant because undergrad is 4years..I will be 27 by the time I graduate. But if I wait for the Msc, I maynot get in again.

I just dont know what would be for the best! Any help wouldbe appreciated. Especially if anyone does any of these courses or has been inthe same situation as me.
Thank you in advance!!

I am assuming you know you won't be eligible for student finance for the second undergraduate degree, but it's worth mentioning for the benefit of other readers.
Hey what did you end up doing with this?? I’m in the exact same situation now!
Original post by Hkightley
Hey what did you end up doing with this?? I’m in the exact same situation now!

I did BSc SALT with many mature students who already had an undergraduate degree, so it is far from unusual, especially as the MSc route is so competitive. I believe that SALT is one of the exempt courses, so you can get Student Finance for a second time.
Oh that’s good to know! Thankyou so much!!
I’m doing the same! The speech and language therapist I worked with said it’s such an intense degree she recommended doing the extra year so I could enjoy it more! Starting at Reading in sept 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending