The Student Room Group

Most famous person you have met?

Scroll to see replies

Gareth Bale. I played football against his school whilst in school. :smile:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I've shaken the hand of someone who shook Albert Einstein's hand. That about as close as I have got to anyone famous.

I have rubbed sunscreen on the back of one of Winnie Mandela`s relatives. I have also met Daniel Radcliffe.
Pixie Lotts and The Wanted, but BEFORE they were famous! Still have their autographs and pictures with them though!! :')
I met Boris Johnson cycling home from work
I met Tom Hopper at a wedding once. He let me feel his arms, which was awesome. I know, I'm a creeper.
The Queen.
Reggie Yates a few years ago at a school thing. And my favourite band yay! 5 seconds of summer - Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gianfranco Zola
Bashar Al Assad, the peoples leader.
I once saw Michelle and Barack Obama in real life, if that counts? And I've seen Elvis' grave, so I've met the dead version of him. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I don't think I've met any famous people and had a proper conversation with them.
Original post by KrishanC93
I met Boris Johnson cycling home from work

should have thrown an egg on him
Ainsley Harriot :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've spoken to Kevin Keegan (in a shopping centre, autographed a pamphlet for me) and Joanne Harris (spoke to her at an event in a Glasgow library) before, also been in the same street as one of the characters from my parents are aliens :-)
Warwick Davis (while at manchester comic con) he was so cool :biggrin:
my self
Original post by SassQueen13
Luckyyy ;3 How was SITC? I want to go this year but tickets have already ran out :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really good! The first day was quite chaotic because it was their first time holding it in such a huge venue so it lacked organisation. The meet & greats were CRAZY, especially for Dan & Phil. I think some people might have got hurt. Also, people had to queue to get back into the main section and loads of people were jumping the queues and no one was stopping them. However, it was much better on the second day because they knew what to expect. It was much more organised and I felt safer. Also, on the Sunday, I met up with people from the facebook event so that I wasn't by myself again haha. The queue was REALLY long to get in though, I'm gonna go much earlier this year. By the way, I know you don't have tickets but there are loads of people selling them on the event page and the group page who can no longer attend anymore. I know a few people I met at Sitc last year bought their tickets in this way. I remember the organisers did a thing where anyone who couldn't go anymore could get a refund and then they would re-sell the tickets but not sure if that's happening this year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BasharAssad
should have thrown an egg on him

Hindsight is 20/20. Did see him nearly get run over though!
(edited 9 years ago)
Richard Branson probably

Quick Reply

Latest