The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL in Extra

Hi!

I was looking at the list of universities that participated in Extra (out of curiosity) for a course that I am interested in and found that UCL was in the list. I read in their FAQ that they usually do not participate in Extra. Do you think that, if no one applies for it in Extra, that it would still be available during Adjustment?

I already have offers that I firmed, but I would love to go to UCL instead. The problem is that my predicted grade was based on my internal exam, which was totally an anomaly from the grades that I usually get, so I did not apply to UCL. However, I am aiming to get much better results in results day and apply for UCL if the course is still available.

Any thoughts? :smile:
Reply 1
If you want to apply for Extra, I think it means you need to give up your firm choice and insurance choice. That is too risky, isn't it?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Zhedong
If you want to apply for Extra, I think it means you need to give up your firm choice and insurance choice. That is too risky, isn't it?

Yes, that's why I was wondering if the course will be available during Adjustment, because:
1. My predicted grades would not be enough for me to apply to UCL
2. I really think that my results in results day would be much better than my predicted, so I will meet UCL's entry requirements.

It's just a matter of if the course will still be available or not then :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by NaidaA
Yes, that's why I was wondering if the course will be available during Adjustment, because:
1. My predicted grades would not be enough for me to apply to UCL
2. I really think that my results in results day would be much better than my predicted, so I will meet UCL's entry requirements.

It's just a matter of if the course will still be available or not then :smile:

Well, I can see your point. But I am just a little concerned with even if you apply for UCL with your grades which are above their entry requirements, that cannot guarantee you can get an offer. First-rate universities like UCL rejected 3A student (or students who meet their entry requirements) based on their other concerns besides grades is a quite usual thing. That is why I think it may be too risky.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Zhedong
Well, I can see your point. But I am just a little concerned with even if you apply for UCL with your grades which are above their entry requirements, that cannot guarantee you can get an offer. First-rate universities like UCL rejected 3A student (or students who meet their entry requirements) based on their other concerns besides grades is a quite usual thing. That is why I think it may be too risky.

But if I apply through Adjustment, then I would still keep my firm offer while I apply to UCL (if the course is still available then)
Reply 5
Original post by NaidaA
But if I apply through Adjustment, then I would still keep my firm offer while I apply to UCL (if the course is still available then)

Oh, that is quite nice. You can have a try.
Mate it's risky, not gonna lie I think people would be dreaming to get in ucl on extra unless they have ridiculously high grades, good luck anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending