The Student Room Group

AAAC for medicine?

just wondering if i could get into medicine with AAAC or AABB
Reply 1
I did with AAAC at AS :smile:
Reply 2
You did only AS and been accepted for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shakir786
just wondering if i could get into medicine with AAAC or AABB

AAAC yes, AABB no
Reply 4
Original post by Hippokrates
AAAC yes, AABB no

So AAAC on AS only ??
And what subjects? Plz help thnx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zai.sam
So AAAC on AS only ??
And what subjects? Plz help thnx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought you were taking about A2 sorry, AS levels are irrelevant only predictions count. Your predictions just need to be realistic.
Thing is a significant number of applicants will have AAAA at AS and very good GCSEs, so obviously the better the grades the better the chance. A house-mate for next year (we are both 1st years at Cardiff) got AAAB at AS and got in, but remember to be tactical with choices :smile:
Original post by Muppet Science
Thing is a significant number of applicants will have AAAA at AS and very good GCSEs, so obviously the better the grades the better the chance. A house-mate for next year (we are both 1st years at Cardiff) got AAAB at AS and got in, but remember to be tactical with choices :smile:

Loads of people get in without AAAA at AS.
Original post by Hippokrates
Loads of people get in without AAAA at AS.

Do they? A lot of people I have spoken to got AAAA, admittedly they could be lying and the people I have asked is hardly a decent sample size. If so, then my bad :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by Muppet Science
Do they? A lot of people I have spoken to got AAAA, admittedly they could be lying and the people I have asked is hardly a decent sample size. If so, then my bad :colondollar:

Lots of successful medicine applicants do have AAAA at AS, but the point is that there are also plenty who don't. The grades the OP describes at AS would be fine provided they apply sensibly and get AAA at A2.
Reply 10
Original post by joeymr
I did with AAAC at AS :smile:

Wow, what university if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 11
Soooooooooo....Im in AS and i think im going to get a AAA minimum at Bio, Chem, Psych.... and i don't know about maths. lucky if i get close to a B...

Whats this about predicted grades, how are they decided and by who? I LOVE BIOLOGY. I LOVE CHEMISTRY. im working for an A* on them two.

I really want to study medicine in london, either Imperial, queen mary's, southampton, kings college, any tips?
Reply 12
Wow, what university if you don't mind me asking?

Manchester :smile: I also got interviews at Leicester and Southampton which I am waiting to hear back from
Reply 13
Original post by joeymr
Manchester :smile: I also got interviews at Leicester and Southampton which I am waiting to hear back from

is it reasonable if i apply? I WANT TO GO TO SOUTHAMPTON TO AMAGAD.
any tips?
Soooooooooo....Im in AS and i think im going to get a AAA minimum at Bio, Chem, Psych.... and i don't know about maths. lucky if i get close to a B...

Whats this about predicted grades, how are they decided and by who? I LOVE BIOLOGY. I LOVE CHEMISTRY. im working for an A* on them two.

I really want to study medicine in london, either Imperial, queen mary's, southampton, kings college, any tips?

I might be being really dense here but I don't think Southampton is in London...
Reply 15
is it reasonable if i apply? I WANT TO GO TO SOUTHAMPTON TO AMAGAD.
any tips?

As long as your UKCAT, A2 predicitions and PS are good! You'll just have to steer clear of a few unis if you do get AAAC- don't remember which ones exactly though (Cambridge springs to mind).
AABB here, offers from Newc, Manc and HYMS. The trick is to apply tactically to places which only look at predictions and not your AS. I emailed all of my universities beforehand confirming this. If I'd applied to places like B'ham/Oxbridge/most of London/Edinburgh etc I'd have four rejections. If you're about to sit your AS, get 4 As—it makes everything much easier. But if you don't, you really need to annihilate your UKCAT to have a good chance of getting in.

Good luck.
Reply 17
Original post by DiabeticPanda
AABB here, offers from Newc, Manc and HYMS. The trick is to apply tactically to places which only look at predictions and not your AS. I emailed all of my universities beforehand confirming this. If I'd applied to places like B'ham/Oxbridge/most of London/Edinburgh etc I'd have four rejections. If you're about to sit your AS, get 4 As—it makes everything much easier. But if you don't, you really need to annihilate your UKCAT to have a good chance of getting in.

Good luck.

WOW, Im thinking about applying for Imperial, Kings, Southampton and queenmary's... I kinda want to go to london FAR FAR FAR Away from NASTY burnley. thanks for the tips too guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending