AQA Physics A Unit 5 - 19 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
ask stone for them.

but here are the kerboodle ones

Astro 1 is too big

and unit 4 revision it's going 60/50.
and Nuclear ok but thermal struggling

guy I've quoted above is doing astro. do you mind giving him the notes you have?

Lol girl but thanks anyway and thanks for the notes

I'm struggling with unit 4 hate magnetic fields :mad: :s-smilie:
Reply 41
Original post by Islam2014
Lol girl but thanks anyway and thanks for the notes

I'm struggling with unit 4 hate magnetic fields :mad: :s-smilie:

oops sorry you don't have your gender visible and majority boys do physics so I assumed you were a boy.
and sorry about the first file but it is too big to be sent on TSR.

and you can find the first one on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jImDjNPBhqNjFhV2xnSDBnSzNOUlVUUXo3WlRwUFROUWVN/edit?usp=sharing

yh i hate magnetic fields as well. others I'm okay with.

I hate the 6 mark quetions as well
Original post by Qari

guy I've quoted above is doing astro. do you mind giving him the notes you have?

The notes that you posted are all the notes I have :smile:
Original post by Qari
oops sorry you don't have your gender visible and majority boys do physics so I assumed you were a boy.
and sorry about the first file but it is too big to be sent on TSR.

and you can find the first one on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jImDjNPBhqNjFhV2xnSDBnSzNOUlVUUXo3WlRwUFROUWVN/edit?usp=sharing

yh i hate magnetic fields as well. others I'm okay with.

I hate the 6 mark quetions as well

Lol it's okay easy mistake to make. Yeh the majority of people in my year taking physics are boys :smile:
Thanks again for the link much appreciated.

Yeh 6 markers are terrible unless they're on a nice topic like I wouldn't mind one on CCD's or balmer lines

Are you taking maths as well?
Reply 44
Original post by StoneSour0135
The notes that you posted are all the notes I have :smile:

ah right, then yh they're the kerboodle ones. topic 1.1 is in medical physics as well lol

Lol it's okay easy mistake to make. Yeh the majority of people in my year taking physics are boys :smile:
Thanks again for the link much appreciated.

Yeh 6 markers are terrible unless they're on a nice topic like I wouldn't mind one on CCD's or balmer lines

Are you taking maths as well?

i dodn't do astro physics so i don't know anything about blamer line or CCD's. ask the other 2 who are doing astrophysics one of them is mentioned above.
and yh i do maths.
Original post by Qari
ah right, then yh they're the kerboodle ones. topic 1.1 is in medical physics as well lol

i dodn't do astro physics so i don't know anything about blamer line or CCD's. ask the other 2 who are doing astrophysics one of them is mentioned above.
and yh i do maths.

Oh yeh sorry forgot you don't do astro :colondollar:

Have you done many past papers?

I don't do maths but all my physics class do regret not taking it because when everyones talking about differentiating I'm just sat there like :eek: :eek:
Original post by NedStark
Electrons basically repeat Unit 4. Photoelectric effect is basically Unit 1 and so is Young's fringes so that why we feel it's short. But the worded questions are a pain, especially the Huygen vs Newton section

I agree yeah the 6 markers especially... :grumble:
Original post by Qari
http://freeexampapers.com/#ALevel/Physics/AQA/Physics A for some reason link doesn't work but on that website just click A level and you'll find it from there

you can get the papers on here.
but you'll have to take a look yourself.
I can find nuclear physics they are the unit 4s but I can't find thermal physics

Ah yeah the 6 markers can be tough, hoping for a simple one this year, a question on balmer lines would be awesome :tongue:

I've done one or two, gonna try do more more soon :smile:, although some questions are really weirdly phrased

For astro? Well we weren't really given a textbook as such haha, we just got given printed nelson thornes AQA notes which are actually not so bad

Ha ha, yeah I know all of the points for the balmer lines question, so hopefully it will come up :crossedf: :smile:

Have you seen those question that ask about the max size of any imperfections on the mirror? For some reason you always need to divide the wavelength by 20 to get the answer, but have no idea why :s-smilie:

Are those notes on the internet to be printed off, or were they photocopies of a book?
Original post by BigBadJFly
Ha ha, yeah I know all of the points for the balmer lines question, so hopefully it will come up :crossedf: :smile:

Have you seen those question that ask about the max size of any imperfections on the mirror? For some reason you always need to divide the wavelength by 20 to get the answer, but have no idea why :s-smilie:

Are those notes on the internet to be printed off, or were they photocopies of a book?

:biggrin: same

Hmm I don't think I have, what paper did it come up in?

I think schools get them by paying a subscription fee for kerboodle? I remember my teacher saying my school used to pay for it but then they stopped, but she still kept the notes :biggrin:. They're easily available online without paying the fee anyway, Qari kindly posted them a few posts above :smile: - that is if you zctually want them haha
(edited 9 years ago)
:biggrin: same

Hmm I don't think I have, what paper did it come up in?

I think schools get them by paying a subscription fee for kerboodle? I remember my teacher saying my school used to pay for it but then they stopped, but she still kept the notes :biggrin:. They're easily available online without paying the fee anyway, Qari kindly posted them a few posts above :smile: - that is if you zctually want them haha

I think its come up a couple of times in the old spec papers, but can't remember which ones, perhaps its not in our spec anymore?

Thanks, I'll have a look at the notes :biggrin:
Reply 51

NP :smile:
Reply 52
Oh yeh sorry forgot you don't do astro :colondollar:

Have you done many past papers?

I don't do maths but all my physics class do regret not taking it because when everyones talking about differentiating I'm just sat there like :eek: :eek:

When do you have to differentiate in physics?

Unit 4 yes.
Unit 5 no
U?
(edited 9 years ago)
I've hardly done any Unit 5 papers either, I'm saving them up :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
When do you have to differentiate in physics?

Unit 4 yes.
Unit 5 no

Lol I'm not really sure i think my teacher was telling them about it in the SHM part with the equations for speed and displacement and stuff I just tend to tune out in those parts because he did say i didn't need to know it I think he was just telling them to make it easier for them, it was just a jumble of words for me because i don't even know what it is lol :colondollar:

Do u do whole past papers on unit 4 or like questions for each topic separately?

I've left one unit 5 paper to do closer to the time and just going through the unit 4 ones. I've been doing past paper questions on certain topics till I get sick of the topic
http://www.physbot.co.uk/downloads.html

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-physics-papers/aqa-unit-4-by-topic/#

Some sites that may help don't know if you have them or not :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think its come up a couple of times in the old spec papers, but can't remember which ones, perhaps its not in our spec anymore?

Thanks, I'll have a look at the notes :biggrin:

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the spec, but AQA sometimes like to ask things that are off spec -.-, I'll have to try find some questions :tongue:

Also a general U5 question, does anyone else find the y=mc delta T questions difficult or is it just me? I seem to just go blank whenever I'm faced with one :frown:
Lol I'm not really sure i think my teacher was telling them about it in the SHM part with the equations for speed and displacement and stuff I just tend to tune out in those parts because he did say i didn't need to know it I think he was just telling them to make it easier for them, it was just a jumble of words for me because i don't even know what it is lol :colondollar:

Do u do whole past papers on unit 4 or like questions for each topic separately?

I think thats just a way of working out that when a displacement/time graph is a cosine curve, the velocity/time graph is a -sine graph etc, but its easy enough to visualise in your head - thats how I do it :biggrin:
It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the spec, but AQA sometimes like to ask things that are off spec -.-, I'll have to try find some questions :tongue:

Also a general U5 question, does anyone else find the y=mc delta T questions difficult or is it just me? I seem to just go blank whenever I'm faced with one :frown:

I find the Q=mcdeltaT eqn questions easy because I did Chemistry AS last year, and they came up a lot! :smile:
Reply 58
I have the wonderful joy of applied physics, because why would anyone want to learn about quasars or relativity when you have refrigerators. Also the only optional module to not appear in the CGP complete physics guide. *le sigh*
Original post by EPAA
I have the wonderful joy of applied physics, because why would anyone want to learn about quasars or relativity when you have refrigerators. Also the only optional module to not appear in the CGP complete physics guide. *le sigh*

Ha ha, sounds like its fun! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending