The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Best accommodation at RHUL?

I'm having such a hard time deciding for accommodation because i want cheap/mixed sex/self catered/no en suite...as you can see this accommodation does not exist!

I don't mind Founder's hall but after going to an all girls school for 7 years i can't stand the thought of living with girls for a year. Do Founder's people have lots of mixed interaction? I've heard it's a 'social' accommodation place but i'm not swayed by the single-sex corridors.

I was also thinking Reid, although i really don't need an en suite! is it worth paying more for a mixed-sex accommodation?

Any general comments about the accommodation would be appreciated!
Original post by Francesca16
I'm having such a hard time deciding for accommodation because i want cheap/mixed sex/self catered/no en suite...as you can see this accommodation does not exist!

I don't mind Founder's hall but after going to an all girls school for 7 years i can't stand the thought of living with girls for a year. Do Founder's people have lots of mixed interaction? I've heard it's a 'social' accommodation place but i'm not swayed by the single-sex corridors.

I was also thinking Reid, although i really don't need an en suite! is it worth paying more for a mixed-sex accommodation?

Founders is where its at! Apparently theres bigger parties there and people hang out in bigger halls. I ve firmed Founders! Btw the groups for halls are here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412981028969497/
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by vader9280
I'm going to be in Founders. I don't think you should be worried about not mixing up with the opposite sex. I've been told guys and girls walk and hang around in both the hallways and people have room parties basically every night. I've also heard many guys and girls sleep with each other at Founders too and there's no problem. You will get to meet the maximum number at Founders actually. It's not self-catered but there's a pantry with a toaster and a microwave so you can cook a meal using those, maybe once a day. If you make some friends who live in a self-catered accomodation, you can go there and cook once in a while. You anyways wouldn't feel like cooking everyday, I am sure.

Good luck in making your decision. I hope I see you at Founders :wink:

i see! that convinces me a bit more. Although i'm worried i won't get my first choices because i've left it so late haha.

We'll see! I'll have to start learning how to cook everything in a microwave
Original post by Francesca16

To be fair, Reid is still pretty cheap despite being en suite. Nevertheless, I agree with the others: just because the corridors in Founder's are single sex doesn't mean that you can't hang out with the guys, and corridor parties are a massive thing there so it sounds like out of all the accommodation, Founder's probably ticks most of your boxes.
Original post by llacerta
To be fair, Reid is still pretty cheap despite being en suite. Nevertheless, I agree with the others: just because the corridors in Founder's are single sex doesn't mean that you can't hang out with the guys, and corridor parties are a massive thing there so it sounds like out of all the accommodation, Founder's probably ticks most of your boxes.

Hello All,
please am an international graduate student resuming september i would like to ask what the accommodations are like
Highfield court
penrose court
runnymede II
victorian houses
Gowar and Wedderburn.
although i am thinking of going for the victorian houses i would like to know how many people share a bathroom , laundry and possibly kitchen.
all responses are appreciated.
thank you.
Original post by phenomenal woman
Hello All,
please am an international graduate student resuming september i would like to ask what the accommodations are like
Highfield court
penrose court
runnymede II
victorian houses
Gowar and Wedderburn.
although i am thinking of going for the victorian houses i would like to know how many people share a bathroom , laundry and possibly kitchen.
all responses are appreciated.
thank you.

It would take too long for me to describe what they're each like, but the website has a lot of information. Is there anything you're looking for in particular? I'm afraid I can't answer your questions about the Victorian Houses, as I've never seen them myself.
Thanks a lot am actually going through the descriptions on the website but i remember reading on a certain thread that the victorian houses were quite cheap and so they weren't worth it at all. well i am considering the victorian house as its a lot cheaper than others. any ideas?
It would take too long for me to describe what they're each like, but the website has a lot of information. Is there anything you're looking for in particular? I'm afraid I can't answer your questions about the Victorian Houses, as I've never seen them myself.
Original post by phenomenal woman
Thanks a lot am actually going through the descriptions on the website but i remember reading on a certain thread that the victorian houses were quite cheap and so they weren't worth it at all. well i am considering the victorian house as its a lot cheaper than others. any ideas?

If money is an issue, then it sounds like the Victorian houses might be a good option. Plus, the photos I have seen of them show that they have a bit of character, which I personally quite like. However, if money is no object and you want your own bathroom, Runnymede, Gowar and Wedderburn are good options.
Thanks for the prompt response, i do appreciate.
thank You.
If money is an issue, then it sounds like the Victorian houses might be a good option. Plus, the photos I have seen of them show that they have a bit of character, which I personally quite like. However, if money is no object and you want your own bathroom, Runnymede, Gowar and Wedderburn are good options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending