The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its a very big one, I told my parents one of the people in my class had died at school. It wasn't quite true, I was bullied into believing he had died, even though he had actually left, being 11 I stupidly fell for it.

I told my parents who told a load of people, so I could not turn round and say I got it wrong.

That dragged out for months and I felt stupid and awful about the situation. 3 years later one of my mates did actually die :frown:
Reply 2
When I moved house I thought I'd make myself a bit interesting so I told some people that I had an identical twin sister called Jon (wtf?!) and I pretended I was me or her...this poor lass and a few others believed me for a year :redface:

I did apologise and we made friends cos I bought her a packet of frazzles, and funnily enough we're still friends now. However the rest of the people still think I have a twin :biggrin:

Oh...I was 11 :smile:
now im not telling :rolleyes:
Reply 4
well it's not a very big lie but it just happened so anyway... i have to whooooosh over to france for a funeral this weekend and i told my mum and dad who are already in france, that the only way i could go is if i get the club class tickets which are an extra 20 quid each way :p: normally i wouldn't have bothered but it's the ferry without the luxury cabins i'm used to heh and i don't want to sit with snotty little kids running riot thanks :p:
Reply 5
Gem
When I moved house I thought I'd make myself a bit interesting so I told some people that I had an identical twin sister called Jon (wtf?!) and I pretended I was me or her...this poor lass and a few others believed me for a year :redface:

I did apologise and we made friends cos I bought her a packet of frazzles, and funnily enough we're still friends now. However the rest of the people still think I have a twin :biggrin:

oh im liking this! :biggrin: i might give that a try one day, sounds fun! :p:
Reply 6
OH GOD. a really naughty lie.

i told everyone in junior school my dog got shot in the woods and died, and i cried about it so it seemed real, and i told all my friends, all the teachers etc. i didn't even have a dog :redface:

but as if that wasn't bad enough, a few weeks later it was parents' evening, and all my friends' parents went up to my mum & dad and were all like 'i'm so sorry abut your dog' so obv my parents had no clue what i was going on about!

then for weeks afterwards i had to keep explaining to people why i said it, so i said it was in a dream and i got confused! lol :redface:
I weed myself at primary school in Country Dancing Club (waits for the hilarious comments about that for starters) when I was sat out of a dance because I was too scared of the teacher to ask to go to the toilet.

I lied and said something had leaked from the cleaner's cupboard. Like hell anyone believed me :biggrin:
Reply 8
Biggest lie? That I got an A in the Accounting Prelim (I did a spoof post) but in reality I got a C and they found out when talking to my Guidance teacher and when my tutor (backstabber) told them too.
Reply 9
I told a girl who kept text harrassing me that I would inform the police if she didn't leave me alone (I had no intentions of doing so) she soon left me alone.
A few weeks later she p*ssed about with my bike changed the gears by huge amounts while it was stationary (consider now that cycling is my main mode of transportation). The chain nearly came off my bike because it couldn't cope with the huge gear change, I managed to cycle without the chain coming off. I told said girl that she'd completely broken my bike and my dad was infuriated with her for breaking it because it was his job to fix it. I told her that my dad had said if he ever caught her she wouldn't last 5mins.

This girl hasn't done anything more than glared at me since. All this stuff she has done to me for trying to protect my (ex)friend who she is currently using.
i've told so many lies to my parents .. so so many.

david why are your eyes red? - my contact lenses are hurting mum don't worry

you haven't gone into your student overdraft have you? - no mum (-£900)

did you have a good time travelling with your friends being safe'n'all? - i went travelling to bosnia for a week by myself

i swear i'm missing a big one somewhere..

oh yeh: i went to gambia on holiday and went to a village where people were building a school. i got a photo with them and now tell people e.g. at interviews that i helped build a school in gambia over the summer!

oh yeh and i have never even started Duke of Edinburgh but my personal statement said that i had completed gold award..

god i love lying!
I know, it's always to parents, isn't it.

Parents go away to Amsterdam and France for a week both times, and both times:

"Now you didn't throw any parties did you?"
"No mother, I drank all that beer on my own"
"That's my boy" <--- I made this line up.

I threw like 3 mad parties both weeks. My twin sis and I do this every time they go away. They have realised in the past though. But we get more and more careful.

Then the more usual:

"What were you and Louise doing upstairs?"
"Just talking....."
I went to Germany without telling my mum when I was 17.

Er,when I was 11 I told some people at school that I was born in Florida.Not entirely sure why-just thought it would be a cool thing to tell someone.I was,in fact, born in Cheshire.
when i told this kid about santa claus
My mum: "I found this letter... are you a homosexual? Because homosexuality is wrong."
ME - "No, mum."

My mum: "You haven't got your belly button pierced, have you? Because piercing your belly button is wrong."
Me - "No, mum."

My mum: "Have you been drinking?"
Me - "nno,. mumn"

My mum: "Did you have a good time at Richard's?"
Me: "Yes mum." - actually hopped a train to London.

My mum: "I found these (Rizlas, fags and a lighter, luckily the actual business was in my pocket) and these (bottles of vodka), what are you doing with them?" - I was 13
Me: "They're not mine..."

Naïve woman.
ReadySalted

You should teach that kid his right and left, but backwards. Muwhahahaa.
Reply 16
ReadySalted

when i told this kid about god

oh and: (ex)mates dad: have you been sick
me: *with sick all over my top* nnoppee
*Stumbling back home, pissed, and making a general racket in my room knocking things over*

Mum: "Are you DRUUNK!!!!??!"

Me: *Giggling manically and trying roll my eyes at such a ridiculous comment* "PHFFFFFFFF!!!!! Nunnoouunnoooo....."
Reply 18
Gem

You absolute nutter! :rofl:

I only tell small lies, which usually have little/no effect. I pretty much always get away with them, cos they're so minor.
Reply 19
A couple of weeks ago someone asked me to help with the painting of the sixth form common room. I didnt really want to so said I was going on holiday to Cornwall that week, my friend who was sitting next to me at the time heard and mentioned it in passing to his mum. She then bumped into my mum and asked how the holiday was. There was no holiday :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending