The Student Room Group

Temporary car insurance for 18 year old?

Does anyone know of a company that offers temporary car insurance for 18 year olds? I've recently passed my driving test and I'm thinking of borrowing my aunts car to use sometime in the summer. However, given the fact that I have only just turned 18, it's extremely difficult to find any temporary car insurance available for my age.

I'm aware that there are some company's that offer rental cars for my age but was thinking that maybe having temporary insurance on someone's car that I know personally (in this case my aunt) would be cheaper? Plus it's more convenient as I wouldn't have to drop it off at a specific place and time once I've finished with it.

So I would be really grateful if someone could brief me with any temporary car insurers that offer deals for my age, if you know of any?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only thing I can think of is pay per mile but involves having a box

Posted from TSR Mobile
TempCover.com

I used them twice to buy cars.

I paid £47 for 1 day when I Was 18, car was a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4

Prices goes down for extra days you use, check it out.

If it's only going to be a few times, and you're going to make a trip of it, then do it.
Reply 3
Original post by IntriguedUser
TempCover.com

I used them twice to buy cars.

I paid £47 for 1 day when I Was 18, car was a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4

Prices goes down for extra days you use, check it out.

If it's only going to be a few times, and you're going to make a trip of it, then do it.

Yh I've looked at this website before, but the only thing is that in order to use it you have to have held your UK full driving licence for at least 6 months. Since I only got my licence last month, I can't use it and by this summer July/August it still won't be 6 months.

Once it has been 6 months I will definitely check it out though. Thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest