The Student Room Group

Msc Supply Chain Management in Heriot Watt or in Strathclyde?

Hi Folks, Need your help on taking a final call on the offer Made from Heriot watt and Strathclyde for Msc in Supply Chain Management as the last date to do so is quite nearing and i am all nervous now :frown:.
I am basically from India and planning to do Masters in SCM from the UK, I have applied to Cranfield, Heriot watt, Strathclyde and Sheffield and have been offered unconditional from Heriot watt and Strathclyde for now. waiting for Cranfield's and would be really happy to join if given an opportunity as its always my first choice :smile:.
In case of rejection from Cranfield, i have to make a choice among Heriot Watt or Strathclyde.Now, please recommend me to choose the best one among Heriot watt and Strahclyde on the basis of their Academic standards and Industry acceptance after studies.

Also, I would be highly thankful to know if someone speaks a few words about the education system in Scotland and how is it different from the UK system, on the City life and the People in Edinburgh (worried to know about Racism on Indian students).

Thanks a million.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Strathclyde's Business School is generally of a higher standing than Heriot Watt's. It's also right in the centre of Glasgow compared to Heriot Watt, which is at the outskirts of Edinburgh.

Scottish Higher Education system is slightly different from England's but that's only for undergraduate degrees. For the MSc it's same.

Personally, I preferred Edinburgh over Glasgow - I lived in Edinburgh while studying in Glasgow.
Thank you c2uk for the speedy response on my query!

But i think your response could not touch off a few of my concerns.

Can you tell me a few words about the Industry acceptance rate for their degrees out side the UK, as being an international student we would certainly have to leave the UK post studies:frown:.

2nd, Racism is another concerning factor on Indian students! is it really too much against Indian ethnic there?

Thanks again.
Reply 3
But i think your response could not touch off a few of my concerns.

Seriously that's a rude response to me trying to give you some inside.

Original post by Chandu@Bangalore
Can you tell me a few words about the Industry acceptance rate for their degrees out side the UK, as being an international student we would certainly have to leave the UK post studies:frown:.

No one can tell you this for sure, I told you Strathclyde's Business School is of a higher standing, i.e. is better known than the other one...

2nd, Racism is another concerning factor on Indian students! is it really too much against Indian ethnic there?

How do I know, I'm not Indian, Jesus...

Be happy with what I've told you and see whether somebody else adds some more context, if not do some more research yourself.
Sincere Apologies, i dint mean to cause you hurt.

I have been trying for the past two years to make it in to one of the best universities for SCM in the UK and could not yet find the appropriate channels to put in my words.

I do not really understand how to make a move on that now as very and very little time left in my hand to take on the call. and for sure i will be more careful when posting something here! was it happened in a little bit confusion or in frustration, not sure.

once again, I am really sorry.

You are a star and great help to me. Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
1. Cranfield for Supply Chain Management is probably the best in the World (or definitely is comparable). Any given day if you have an offer, you can join Cranfield University. You might find this strange but Cranfield does ask for a GMAT sometimes for its programs (depending on the university in your home country you have studied in). If you had a 600 GMAT score, that would be extremely helpful

Cranfield has some of the best Professors who teach the subject and the level of personal attention is fantastic. Its a campus university too. Even Imperial College London may appear further down in the ranking than Cranfield when it comes to Supply Chain (in fact for several programmes in Cranfield SOM, Cranfield and Imperial may be at par or Cranfield will be a little better)

2. Among all your options, the order is: Cranfield --> Strathclyde --> Heriot-Watt --> Sheffield (for your programme for now)

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you NickOwener,

There isn't any response from Cranfield yet. I think, I am accepting Strathclyde's offer now.

Thanks again for your guidance. hope, i will do well in Strath :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending