The Student Room Group

Sinn Fein threaten to withdraw support from the PSNI if Gerry Adams is charged

The Northern Irish peace process could be undermined if Gerry Adams is charged with murder, Martin McGuinness warned last night.

The former IRA commander, now the deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, issued a series of thinly veiled threats against the Government as Mr Adams spent a third night in police custody.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/northernireland/10805252/Northern-Ireland-tensions-at-boiling-point-over-Gerry-Adams-arrest.html

Good to see Sinn Fein being their usual, helpful selves and doing everything possible to calm the situation.
Reply 1
That's what happens when you put terrorists/freedom fighters in government. They are almost guaranteed to get all strong arm at some point, threats and violence were their stock and trade so it's no wonder they revert back to them.
To call Martin McGuinness a human turd would be an understatement. He deserves a slow and painful death.
I can't even imagine how painful this sort of stuff is to hear from the victims family's perspective.

It's a disgusting statement from McGuinness and I think it clearly shows that SF have no place in government.

This combined with the DUP and their old world bull**** really makes me ashamed to be Northern Irish. Our 'politics', if you can even call it that, is nothing short of a joke.
I can understand the anger when you can count the number of top politicians over there who weren't involved in paramilitary activity on one hand.

This is Peter Robinson, leader of the DUP, First Minister of NI

Reply 5
Original post by snailsareslimy
This combined with the DUP and their old world bull**** really makes me ashamed to be Northern Irish. Our 'politics', if you can even call it that, is nothing short of a joke.

You live in somewhere with the most beautiful scenery in the world, the best food in the world (Ulster Fry FTW) and with some of the funniest and kindest people in the world. You should never be ashamed of being Northern Irish!

The only people who should be ashamed are the political parties who subscribe to the old politics of division and fear.
Reply 6
If they charge him with murder or accessory to murder etc and have evidence he should face trial he is not above the law and if Sinn Feinn don't like it tough I doubt the vast majority of catholics would condone the murder of a young mother of 10 and as for Martin McGuiness don't get me started
Reply 7
Sinn fein should really just be shut down
It's ridiculous that former terrorists and freedom fighters are in politics. And that's both sides. Peter Robinson of the DUP had previously brought in guns for the loyalists, while we know the rest about Sein Fein and the IRA.

It's not responsible that former members of the IRA and Loyalist paramilitaries can be here. Even if they didn't kill anyone or were in any fights or helped organise anything, they were still exposed to propaganda which can cloud their views and frankly there's a good number of Northern Irish people who can easily do their jobs.

It'll be sorted when the older generation dies off but it's shocking frankly.
Particularly ridiculous when threatened in the same breath as complaints of political policing.

It would be laughable were it not such a gross insult to the disappeared and their families.
What's wrong with him being charged? If he's done nothing wrong then that will be shown in his trial and he'll walk free an innocent man.

Oh right, because we all know what this man has done. So what we're saying is that he should be above the law? **** that. The only reason this didn't happen sooner is because it could disrupt the peace, we now think that northern ireland is a safe enough place for justice to finally take place.

Oh, and this includes those on both sides of this. It is right that those who've done wrong should answer for it, the idea that he should be above the law is wrong.
Bring it Sinn Fein/ IRA. Come on, just give me a reason!!!

If they wish to disrupt the peace deal, be my guest! I look forward to it.
Original post by thunder_chunky
To call Martin McGuinness a human turd would be an understatement. He deserves a slow and painful death.

This.
Original post by flugelr
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/northernireland/10805252/Northern-Ireland-tensions-at-boiling-point-over-Gerry-Adams-arrest.html

Good to see Sinn Fein being their usual, helpful selves and doing everything possible to calm the situation.

Perhaps the UK's mistake wasn't a long and drawn out series of assassinations all up and down the ranks of the IRA until it was decimated.

Then again the UK does claim to be 'better' than those thugs and it's not too difficult to be either, simply be 'decent'.

Still shoulda seen this coming, we all know that trying to go after the guys now absorbed into the peace process as republican leaders was asking for this sort of response. Maybe the police thought that it was finally time to crack down on the criminals who were getting away with it, but I dunno if the peace process is that well consolidated yet. There's still plenty of republican riots and some dissident action going on.

Maybe another round of 'The Troubles' will finally teach the northern Irish to FINALLY tire of that particular infantile violence.
Original post by the mezzil
Bring it Sinn Fein/ IRA. Come on, just give me a reason!!!

If they wish to disrupt the peace deal, be my guest! I look forward to it.

And I suppose you'd be willing to sign up and patrol the Bandit country right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending