The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What accommodation for engineering student?

I am going to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nottingham so I was wondering what the closest accommodation to their building is. I want to go catered, ensuite. Also where are the nicest rooms for the price etc?
Original post by Yume
I am going to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nottingham so I was wondering what the closest accommodation to their building is. I want to go catered, ensuite. Also where are the nicest rooms for the price etc?

Most of the accommodation on University Park is of the same quality. Lincoln/Lenton & Wortley, Cripps, and Hu Stu are closest, but none of the UP accommodation is more than a 10-15 min walk away from engineering buildings.

You could go for Jubilee Halls, and the Hopper Bus would take about 10 mins to get to lectures and leaves every 15 mins during term-time weekdays. The disadvantage is that if you miss the bus or it's full, then you'll wait for the next one. The advantage is that the accommodation and catering is more modern.

You can find more accommodation info, including 360degree tours, at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation.aspx :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hu Stu and Cripps by miles
Reply 3
Dunno if it's changed in the last year or something but fairly certain the halls are randomly allocated anyway. You won't get to pick the specific hall if that's still the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending