The Student Room Group

Anyone thinking of going Grammar sixth form?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I already am grammar :wink:
I swapped from grammar to comprehensive for sixth form.

It was a really good decision. I think they really build you as a character.
Reply 3
I was going to but then their deputy head completely put me off at my interview idk why he did it
Yeah I am going to go to a grammar next year! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have got an offer to go but i'm worried that I wont be anyway near the intelligence of everyone there!
My sister went to a grammar school for 6th Form.
It was exactly the right environment for her - she's really competitive and likes to work hard to be "the best". She didn't feel she was pushed hard enough at our old school.
Reply 7
Well I'm already at one and I'll be staying on
Reply 8
I'm going to a Sixth Form College (Sir John Deane's) in Northwich, if it counts.
I want to but a lot of people are telling me I might not be able to cope with the new environment. The current school I'm at isn't very good academically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm at a state school at the moment and I'm going to a grammar next year for sixth form :smile:
I'm in year 11 at a grammar school and I'm staying for sixth form :smile:
I couldn't imagine going anywhere else!
Personally don't wish to because I go to a comprehensive secondary, and also went to a comprehensive primary so I won't be used to the environment.
Original post by Marcusroye98
I have got an offer to go but i'm worried that I wont be anyway near the intelligence of everyone there!

Dw grammar school students aren't any more intelligent than some they r just exposed to more competition which drives them and pushes them to work harder...and if you've already got an offer that's great your obviously intelligent enough to be in a grammar school so DOnt worry have confidence in yourself !!!
Reply 14
My school operate a linked system with 2 other local schools so it's very common for people to swap schools for some or all lessons. In my experience the people who've swapped don't seem to do as well. I don't know why this might be. But I think if you're at a decent school stay put and work hard, you already know your teachers etc and don't underestimate the benefits of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by FREYA2898
Yeah I am going to go to a grammar next year! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for late reply. Hopefully yes...just need to get the grades :/
Reply 16
Original post by Lottie_
I was going to but then their deputy head completely put me off at my interview idk why he did it

I went to an interview I don't know if you know it but it was the Handsworth grammar mixed one and I think he was the head of the sixth form and he was SO rude and snobby, he kept interrupting me and asked me questions like "are you only wanting to come here because its a grammar and you want that reputation?" WHAT?! And he made out like the grammar was some sort of prison I would never want to go there. What the deputy say at yours?
Oh and sorry for the late reply
yeah im going to a grammar school :smile:
i think just the environment will be completely right for me
Reply 18
Original post by AlphaNick
I applied to a private school, got accepted but denied the place.. .hAHAHHA

You sure?
Reply 19
Original post by ninalicious97
I want to but a lot of people are telling me I might not be able to cope with the new environment. The current school I'm at isn't very good academically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought initially, especially for me its going to be really different because right now I go to a state mixed school but if I do end up at a grammar sixth form it would be an all girls one so that's a change. Also loads say it's going to be so different because all the students are just work driven and nothing else but I think that's just a false perception we have.

Quick Reply

Latest