The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OK...but there are white survivalists and white supremacists, and embittered (and well trained) veterans like Timothy McVeigh in the United States who do in fact pose significant threats to public safety.
Reply 61
dismal_laundry
Absolute nonsense, the Oklahoma City bomber killed who killed over 150 people in 1995 with a huge fertilizer bomb was a white (American) middle class man.

Another point is it wasn't a suicide bombing, we have allready established that suicide bombings are quite different to a normal bombing. as they have a fanatical religious component.

The okhlahoma bombing was a mad with anger problems and is hence unrelated to terror attacks at the moment.
Darkened Angel
Actually you would be suprised by how many people think that, I've met a few people on this board that think all muslims are terrorists and they use quotes from the Quran taken out of context as evidence and that pisses the hell out of me.

Thanks for you sympathy btw, I think all muslims are being victimised though and its a shame, Islam is supposed to be a very peaceful religion. I think the reason for the terrorist attacks is because of the victimisation of muslims and constant attacks againt our countries. I dont agree with the terrorist attacks, infact I'm completely against it and it's not the right way to go about regaining our respect, infact it has the completely opposite effect.

The way things are going atm it'll be a very long time before attacks from both sides will ever stop.

Once the United States regime executed its outrageous and illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, and the UK regime signed on, they gave up the right to complain about "muslim terrorism". Their onslaught was itself terrorism. Look at where it's led, 2,000 casualties per month at present, the majority of them civilian. It's an abomination.
Reply 63
D00
Ok.. there's a website page dedicated to that.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

Oh please this is the INTERNET, there's so much anti-muslim websites designed to lie about Islam.

Stupid people are spoon-fed by the media and go to bogus/false websites like that.
Well, McVeigh personally poses relatively little threat despite all his training (seeing as he's 6 feet under). White supremacists, whilst certainly repulsive, do not pose an ideological threat anything like as wide-spread or as determined as extreme manifestations of Islam.
Zakatu
Another point is it wasn't a suicide bombing, we have allready established that suicide bombings are quite different to a normal bombing. as they have a fanatical religious component.

The okhlahoma bombing was a mad with anger problems and is hence unrelated to terror attacks at the moment.

I entirely disagree. Terrorism is terrorism. That this was a conspiracy has been well documented. McVeigh was not a lone actor.
dismal_laundry
I entirely disagree. Terrorism is terrorism. That this was a conspiracy has been well documented. McVeigh was not a lone actor.

So do you think that the state of national alert was raised to its highest levels both in Britain and across the pond because of McVeigh-esque characters or because of Islamic extremists? And if, as I hope, you come to the conclusion that it's the latter, one must ask oneself: are the security services doing this for sh*ts and giggles or because they know about genuine threats?
The current invasion of Lebanon is also viewed as terrorism by many Lebanese. The attacks are not only preventive, but punitive, as Fuad Siniora put it "for revenge". The United States regime signed off on this July campaign, and the Tony Blair allowed the people of the UK to be associated with it as well. Why do you think that the United States and the UK have been targeted in this horrible plot which was uncovered today? Think about the US and UK complicity in the catastrophe from which the Iraqi and Lebanese peoples are suffering as we write. There has been a 9/11 in civilian casualties in these two countries in less than a month. I think references to "muslim terrorism" may be construed as doublespeak and as indicative of double standards.
Hmm, I wonder which one of you negatively repped me for my post. Moreover, I wonder whatever you negatively repped me for. I can only assume you didn't read properly, or misunderstood, what I wrote. :confused:

I wish people would have the grace to leave their name if they are going to show me their deep objection. I don't have the pettiness to neg rep you back. If you tell me what you object to, then we can debate it out here, rather than fooling around with that funny thing called rep.
Not me Anthony, you have a right to your opinion.
Reply 70
i would just like to say try living in bradford. the asian communtiy refuse to integrate and some of the muslim areas the police cannot even use any of their force becuase they would get shot, they are no go areas. they refuse to integrate, yet they complain and winge that they are being treated unfairly. bradford also has a very large polish community, but u wouldnt know it as they integrate themselves into society. I am not being racist or muslim-bashing or anything, a lot of my friends r muslims, but that just furthers my point if they will alienate themselevs from the majority of society then they will be prejudiced agsinst. If they want to live here and not judged in such a way, try integrating and being helpful to society. The Indians (sikhs/hindus etc) manage it, why cant the others? They form cartels when a white person sells their house so that noone bids on it and they let one couple go for it, and then the white couple get screwed for a really low price. Also, it is bringing house prices severly down in the area.
dismal_laundry
Not me Anthony, you have a right to your opinion.

Thanks, that's what I thought. :smile: Strange thing is, I didn't actually say anything controversial.

And I agree with your penultimate post absolutely.
e_clark
a lot of my friends r muslims

Well then some of them at least seem to have managed to "integrate" surely?
Reply 73
no, they havent, they r friends in school, but that is it, they keep to their muslim friends outside of school
Reply 74
Darkened Angel
Course it does, bit it doesnt say go commit acts of war and terrorism, the only situation muslims are allowed to go to war is if someone attacks us first and I really dont see anything wrong with self-defence.

Isnt the Koran said to be the word of God if so im sure God doesnt talk about war or killing
Reply 75
Segat1
So does the Bible. Big deal.

Just because the bible does, doesnt mean its ok:rolleyes:
Lofty
I think the point is you have to go back 11 years for that.

9/11... muslim.
7/7... muslim
Saudi Military Attack... muslim (yes, i know that was 1995 as well)
Egyptian Embassy Attack... muslim
Dizengoof Centre bombing... muslim
Archbishop of Oran Bombing... muslim
US Businessman Murders... muslim
Kidnappings in Kyrgyzstan... muslim
Manila bombing... muslim
US Consolate Drive By... muslim
Daniel Pearl kidnapping... muslim

The list goes on... thats just what these extremists have claimed responsibility for.

I'm not saying its right for us white brits to have a stereotype of muslim=terrorist, but surely any idiot can see why.

What about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, both started by upper class white men?
Reply 77
tis_me_lord
Oh come on, we all love Muslims despite the attacks of a few of them. We're not stupid. :eek:

Speak for yourself

As someone pointed out so well in another thread (even repped them for it), multiculturalism just does not work!!!!
Lofty
I think the point is you have to go back 11 years for that.

9/11... muslim.
7/7... muslim
Saudi Military Attack... muslim (yes, i know that was 1995 as well)
Egyptian Embassy Attack... muslim
Dizengoof Centre bombing... muslim
Archbishop of Oran Bombing... muslim
US Businessman Murders... muslim
Kidnappings in Kyrgyzstan... muslim
Manila bombing... muslim
US Consolate Drive By... muslim
Daniel Pearl kidnapping... muslim

The list goes on... thats just what these extremists have claimed responsibility for.

I'm not saying its right for us white brits to have a stereotype of muslim=terrorist, but surely any idiot can see why.

Yes, but the unfortunate thing is, a lot of those instances were committed at the hands of people who happened to be Muslim - as you kind of point out.

A lot of that surely has to do with the fact that Muslims, in relative, have a lot to be aggrieved about. Their lands are war-torn and unstable, and are also harrassed time and time again by the West - if it's not invasion, then it's endorsement of Israel's actions, right back to the creation of Israel, one of the most controversial things ever to happen in generally Muslim lands (I'm not condemning it; just pointing out some of its terrible side-effects).

So I think the social, political context has more - or at least as much - to do with the terrorism than the faith itself. I expect that if a Christian-heavy area like Europe was subjected to, and torn to shreds by, what the Middle East is, then there would be many "Christian" terrorists as well, and "Christians" might seem to the world to be very predisposed to terrorism.
Reply 79
Lofty
Speak for yourself

As someone pointed out so well in another thread (even repped them for it), multiculturalism just does not work!!!!

:rolleyes:
In your little world, where i live people get on great no matter what colour and in our family we have some mixed race relationships mainly with white people. So i guess it does work for some of us:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending