The Student Room Group

Address on Provisional Licence - Uni or home?

When I'm at uni (in halls or sharing a house), do I have to change the address on my provisional driving licence, or can I keep it as the address where my parents live?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Nah, keep it at your parents as that's your permanent address.
Original post by BeardedPig
When I'm at uni (in halls or sharing a house), do I have to change the address on my provisional driving licence, or can I keep it as the address where my parents live?

Thanks.

Agree with above poster, as long as you make sure your parents pass on your mail so that you are aware of any fines you can't go changing your address every few months.
Original post by BeardedPig

Thanks.

Leave it as your parents address. I'd recomend this for most things tbh as otherwise you'll forget to change everything when you move from uni and will get a load of stuff sent to your uni addresses.
Original post by Nymthae
Nah, keep it at your parents as that's your permanent address.

I agree.
Your parents house is your permanent address whereas while at uni you could move every few months.
Reply 5
The address on your license just needs to be serviceable (i.e. you need to be able to receive mail there)

Quick Reply