The Student Room Group

I have 300+ cuddly toys, ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What would you do if your husband burned them all?
Original post by TolerantBeing
I have that bag puss one!

it doubles as a heat pad. what about yours? :smile:
Original post by shahbaz
Have you ever watched chucky? And i do think thats a waste of space.

if you mean child's play then yes. maybe for some but it's a collection. besides it would soon be transferred in a nursery.

Original post by Wattsy
I can relate to this collecting things malarkey, I have a collection of pin badges varying from a near complete selection of Golly broaches I got off my Granda, to literally a ringbinder full of Disney/Universal and other holiday or marquee event badges I've picked up on holidays and day trips. What do you get from your collection? I'm starting to think mine is a little embarrassing despite not having added to it in years. I do think my Golly broaches will be worth a pretty penny at some point in the future though so I'll do as my Granda did and give it to my first grandchild... grandchild is an absolutely horrendous thought when you're the fun side of 20!

I don't really get anything practical from my collection. Sometimes it helps with depression but other than that nothing. The majority will go to my children when I have them and only a few that means something to me would be kept in my room.

Your collection sounds great btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
What would you do if your husband burned them all?

He wouldn't since he bought the majority of them and he gets upset when I say I'll give some away.

But if he does, well I guess I'll be pretty upset since it would seem to me that he can't respect my belongings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions
Hah I didn't mean it in an unkind way :tongue: was genuinely curious as I checked and OP has made 7 AMA threads, one was only made a few days back...just found it odd when she could just bump one of her old ones.

I did bump it but after a while, I kinda lost them. Was just procrastinating and was staring at my collection when I made the thread. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are the one getting overly offended by nothing which concerns you. There's a time and a place for criticism, if the OP wants to post an ask me thread, she sure well can, it's harmless. I thought it was out of place to tell someone they should have something better to do with their life, we're all on here.

And I like how you think her criticism was acceptable, but my criticism was not. Talk about double standards.

I honestly don't understand why you are so offended, and where you arrived at the conclusion that I can't handle criticism. :lolwut:

Please don't deflect what I'm saying. If someone wants to ask OP why they are making so many AMA threads, that is actually harmless as well. Unless like you you think criticism is inherently negative. If you think criticism is out of place, you are going to keel over if a tutor or lecturer criticises your work.

Your criticism stems from personal insecurity. That is why it is not acceptable.
Original post by donutaud15
it doubles as a heat pad. what about yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the one :yep: I'm still a bit of a sucker for cuddly toys, I have a shelf in my room filled with them. I hate throwing them away because I imagine giving them to my children in the future. When did you start collecting them, you said you never had them as a child?
That's the one :yep: I'm still a bit of a sucker for cuddly toys, I have a shelf in my room filled with them. I hate throwing them away because I imagine giving them to my children in the future. When did you start collecting them, you said you never had them as a child?

Same. My husband had to build a shelf for them lol. Apart from a few, I started four years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why have you collected them?

It reminds me of a collectors programme i saw on tv a few weeks ago.
Original post by Emma:-)
Why have you collected them?

It reminds me of a collectors programme i saw on tv a few weeks ago.

never intended to collect them, just bought them when I saw something Iiked. then people started giving them to me. so I guess no reason for collecting. but for buying it's because I didn't have them as a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you play with them by yourself?
Original post by Botticello
Do you play with them by yourself?

I don't play with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see you did not spot the innuendo :sexface:
Original post by Botticello
I see you did not spot the innuendo :sexface:

I did. I choose to ignore it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any particular favourites?