The Student Room Group

I'm scared.

This may sound a lil' pathetic or whatever guys but I'm really scared about uni now.

I have a concern or two.

1) I don't feel smart enough.

2) I'm not sure if I'm going to be up to it when it comes around to doing it all.

I've always done all my work in college/secondary school but I just feel so scared when it comes to university.

I've always been a little down with my confidence as it is. I'm not good at giving presentations or anything like that because I'm kinda shy.

I didn't bother with 'police studies' or anything and now I look back I can see that's so dumb so I chose a BA in History instead and I got onto that which I was thrilled about because I really enjoy my history.

I'm just really not sure if I'm up to it or not. I have some books to read downstairs but I haven't had a browse through yet as I haven't had time with work and all.

Cheers if you can give me some kind of guidance.
were you scared when you started a level (you know because it a big jump)? While uni is big jump it nothing to panic about you'll find most of the first year covers a lot of what you did at a level and really doesn't count it is really to get you used to how university work works while you have assignments and exams you really only need 40% to pass once our there you'll see within the first term how is no where near as hard as you thing any way you can very easily switch within the first 6 weeks if it's not right and with the workload I found as long as I managed my time I got it all done and still had time to go out and have fun ad so will you dive in and enjoy it
Reply 2
Don't worry about first year brah, by all means learn new stuff otherwise you'd be wasting your money obviously but the assignments you only need 40% to pass which means it's near impossible to fail. Thing is, you might think trying your hardest to get a 2.1/1st or whatever sounds like a good idea at first but then you realize you get a 1st and it doesn't even count towards your degree and makes you feel just as **** as if you were to get a 2.2. Take first year to relax while you can, i'm about to go into second year and i'm going to have to start getting serious now so enjoy it while it lasts because the 2 years after that aren't going to be as fun as first I imagine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
you will be just fine, i was always crap a school and always hated it. Came to uni and now on my third year and i can tell you i have enjoyed for the first time of my life education work :smile: so stop worrying and start worrying about your loan as it is the number one subject talked at uni! (due to alcohol :wink: )

Look forward to uni and enjoy your summer as its going to be the 3 best years of your life!

Quick Reply

Latest