The Student Room Group

May the 4th...

Student finance

Does anybody know what "household income" is exactly?

My brother earns so i assume his income is part of this, but I'm not sure.

Also, my father stopped earning this year, but the household income calculation is apparently based on the previous tax year's income...
I think there's a way around this by using a "Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year 2014/15". Has anyone had experience with this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
free sweets to people who reply
Reply 2
Original post by Pcline9
Student finance

Also, my father stopped earning this year, but the household income calculation is apparently based on the previous tax year's income...
I think there's a way around this by using a "Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year 2014/15". Has anyone had experience with this?

Until someone comes up with a better answer, I'll leave you with this link.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/household-income
Reply 3
May the 4th be with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Hertz
May the 4th be with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dammit! you beat me to it :colonhash:
Unless your father's income has fallen by at least 15% you have use the stipulated year.
If it has fallen that much you can ask for a current year assessment.
My experience of it was I had to apply as usual and get allocated finance. Then, when it became available, I used the current year assessment form and was reassessed. At the end of the financial year we had to provide proof of income.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pcline9
Student finance

Your brother is not expected to support you, so his income will not be taken into account.
Reply 7
It's been a few years since I did student finance, but I don't remember ever needing to include my brother's income into the household income. It's just your parents/guardians.
Reply 8
Do you include tax when entering the household income or do you minus tax?
No you don't! You enter the pretax figure off the P60, if employed or HMRC self assessment if self employed.
Reply 10
Original post by firpal
Do you include tax when entering the household income or do you minus tax?

You have to include tax i believe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending